Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's Sunday - time for confession Father - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

It's Sunday - time for confession Father

Looks truly fantastic. Would take off the top wing though personally.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

No @swindon_alan I'm actually not. The whole front row at the new pool is disabled parking - dozens and dozens of places. Still - new damp tarmac - and a long drag in front of the new building - hmmm that was useful :rofl:

• Like 1

Only here once

32 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Wonder what it would look like with the later v8 spoiler as well !!

S4s mate. AKA early V8. No brainer, same gas lift I think. It will just need a set of AWIs then to look the proper job :whistle:

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Gas struts on the tailgate are shit. The v8 has latching ones - now @swindon_alan any idea of a partnumber for a latching strut - cos that's getting right on my tits already !!

Only here once

• Gold FFM

SJ at £49 plus vat and shipping - doh......

P38 Range Rover ones are only £23.95 on eBay !! Need to measure and cross ref.

you got any numbers on yours @swindon_alan

Only here once

Actually there are differences Barry:

S4 A082U6169F (tailgate mounted spoiler)
S4s, S350 P691.1011.601AF (body mounted spoiler)
'96-'97 V8 P691.1011.601AF  (body mounted spoiler)
'98 on V8 RH A082U6169F (tailgate mounted spoiler)
'98 on V8 LH locking A082U6208F (tailgate mounted spoiler)

The '98 on locking/non locking duo should also be correct for your spoiler (or just a pair of non-locking S4). I've seen quite a few threads on here on alternatives, will have a dig for you.

6 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112270075310 

good god - that was lucky - if I had seen that last night I doubt I'd have been asleep to resist

What was it Barry? It has gone already!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Top tip @Stuart Monument :rofl:

i shan't be pushing my luck - there's car bits everywhere in the pool room for the s3 she gently grumbling about. I was surprised when I was at swimming last night that swmbo txt me to say the new cars really nice !! Well I couldn't believe that - she's never liked either of my previous esprits, and hates the S3 (it's red), so looks like I'm in the clear for now

Only here once

• Gold FFM

:rofl:

so the big question is how do I go about verifying this is the very car that was displayed at the nec motorshow ?? @Bibs is this something I need to bribe you with in relation to gold membership and a provenance certificate??

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Cheers @swindon_alan - just rang and spoke to him.

ive ordered a cert. he's confirmed the car was built early for use as a showcar.  Some of the stuff on it may well be prototypes or development !! 

Well can you believe that

It's the 1995 motorshow it was at. Some pictures must exist somewhere

Only here once