Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's Sunday - time for confession Father - Page 20 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

It's Sunday - time for confession Father

• Gold FFM

Offers based on £30k. But I’m not keen on selling it as it’s good to have a spare.

i do have the hankering for an Evora though.

Only here once

7 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

But I’m not keen on selling it as it’s good to have a spare

How does one qualify as a chicken shed electrician these days? I'm obviously in the wrong profession. 

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

How does one qualify as a chicken shed electrician these days? I'm obviously in the wrong profession. 

You would simply never believe....... its relentless graft

• Like 1

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

The missus walked into the garage his afternoon. She had a brilliant idea and suggestion.

she thinks it would be a good idea to sell an Esprit and buy an older 4 seater Evora.

now it all makes sense 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Drivers seat ripped out this afternoon - it had the good news with the acetone and the air sander. 

One coat of sponge colour - filler - sanded. A spray coat - fill - sand and ready for a further spray coat tomorrow.

will pull the passenger seat tomorrow and do the same. Maybe I will have enough time to do the entire interior. Last time I did the Esprit S it was with a sponge - this time I’ve sprayed it - much better result from what I can see so far 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Simply couldn’t be bothered yesterday. Will finish that seat this morning - chuck the car on the ramp to cut the other seat out and maybe do the rest of the interior.

she should be in for paint next week.

I want an Evora 

Only here once

Love the Esprit but was treated to demo ride in 410S at Hethel a couple of years ago - what a rocket that was! Boggling performance in every aspect.

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Has your camera packed up Barry? Or are you saving megabytes for an Evora thread?

Just for you. One down

32DF38CC-26D0-48B8-826C-BBE75C5F7308.thumb.jpeg.298e4a0a3153ebed5db9868eebc5eb63.jpeg

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

You should see the size of the dragon fly that’s whacking into the light above - I thought it was arcing and about to go bang.

other seat base coated, centre console and cubby ripped out and base coated as well. I will strip off the door cards tomorrow night 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yup - I’m on a mission to finish the odds and sods which let the car down. 

The leather looked aged - now much much improved. Just the dash to do now - and I have tons of masking to do for that. 

Its off to the paint shop next week for the front bumper to be sorted

• Like 1

Only here once

50 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Just the dash to do now - and I have tons of masking to do for that. 

Not whipping the dash out for a proper job? 

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Absolutely not. Not happening.

i have an S4 in bits on my ramp - and my S4s is in bits on my mates ramp. 2 cars neither usable. Roll on an evora

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Can’t do it @swindon_alan. I’m feeling worn and broken presently. As much as the desire is there for a G car. The body isn’t.

the S4s really will be my last Esprit and no it’s not for sale

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

the S4s really will be my last Esprit and no it’s not for sale

Famous last words. You know you'll end up with an Essex or Sport 300 somehow. Both will need work. :D

• Haha 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Don't worry Barry, you can live out your Giugiaro dream through my blood, sweat and tears when I start my TE restoration thread. That'll be plenty enough to convince you that you made the right decision...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

All the removable leather has been done and is ready to go back in.

had a few hours this afternoon. Carpet has been given the treatment with the rug doctor - they clean up really well - @Steve V8 are these polypropylene? As it really did come up far better than I expected.

masked up the dash and all the front area, dismantled the glove box and have sprayed the first coat on everything.  Will mooch out before bed and see if it’s dry enough to give another coat.

Just need to weld new bolts into the passenger seat frame - did have to cut that out. I’d already done the drivers side - can’t remember doing it though...old age

Only here once