Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rolling restoration - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rolling restoration

Lotus Excel project for completion or can be restored to your spec.

Picked up last week. Her story is that the father of the previous owner had bought her for his son’s graduation. He then put the car into a garage in the London area for a full service and check over. The son graduated and then went off to the States for work and simply never came back to the UK. The car then sat in the garage for several years before being taken back home by the father. The car then sat in his garage until it was decided that it should be sold about a month ago. As far as I can tell it has been 9 years in storage, but in good dry conditions which is obvious going by the condition of the paint etc.
This is where I became involved, I made contact with the garage who had been entrusted with getting the car up running so that it was at least starting and subsequently sold. The car had suffered from a cracked windscreen and a few paint scars during her years of storage, and the usual roof cloth saga. I have had her up and running and in fact drove her onto the trailer to bring her home. The garage in London drove her round the block a couple of times before I picked her up, and she ran fine, other than a bit bumpy as the tires had flat spot’s with sitting and the carbs were off as well as the petrol. The original keys and service books have been lost by the father which means I currently have the ignition lock disconnected to allow me to start her and move her when required, I have sourced a new lock assembly, I have also just sourced a NEW windscreen which I hope to collect tomorrow and will have fitted once I have everything else done as it will be far easier to fit the new roof lining with the screen out. My plan is then have her put through the MOT so that she is then a good option for a future buyer. My second option is to continue the restoration and have he paintwork seen too then put her back up for sale. She has one fairly big scratch on the rear offside quarter and some light crazing just above the front bumper, all simple fixes’, the guy who does my paintwork is due to give me a quote for the work in the next day or two. The engine bay has been cleaned down as it had year’s of dust etc on it and it can be clearly seen all the previous work had been carried out as all the gaskets can be seen as new with no oil residue etc on them, I have have given the interior a quick clean out and other than a couple of places on the bolsters of the front seats which are faded a little and two small areas at the back of the rear seats where the stitching has come undone, the interior is in pretty good condition in light Grey leather complimented by light Grey carpets, the carpet has the foot well section missing from the passenger side but is easily replaceable.
Recorded mileage is showing as just over 80k miles. Which I would say going by condition and evident wear would be correct.

The post Rolling restoration appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic