Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
JayEmm's Excel Project... - Page 2 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

JayEmm's Excel Project...

JayEmm

• Gold FFM

Jay, check out Brian Swankies V8 project, it's a stunner. Also Charlie Crocker used Cherry bomb exhaust which he reckoned were pretty good and not overly loud. Dunc also has a V8 which may give you some idea's.

Fantastic news James, and welcome to the engine conversion club.  :thumbup:   Looks like a nice car to start  project base wise and an ideal candidate for a conversion, 

Personally i like the idea of shoe horning a bmw straight six under the hood but not sure if the excels slim front end would fit the beast. :thumbup:

You have indeed been bitten by the allure of the lotus badge going off your collection so far and now conversions :devil:

Good luck and look forward to the updates . 

A

Yes would agree Elite would be my personal preference, but i think the excel will be a great project for James, not sure how his spannering skills are etc, for all i know he could be Master with a spanner,  but if it is his first time spannering on stuff like this, the excel is the best choice,  No rust to deal with like the Elites, cheap parts compaired to some other lotus cars, so a good base for which i think maybe is his first engine conversion ?  :)

Ant he can always do the Elite as his next project once this one is done :)

A

13 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

I prefer those wheels to the Oz ones - why did they release a set of wheels where one side is going forwards the other backwards!!!

I like the OZ wheels on the Esprit, more than the later, bigger ones. But it is a shame they're not sided, a real missed opportunity to show it was designed with a keen eye for details.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Spanners? Are they the ones with the X shaped end or the - shaped?

In truth I am lucky that I have some very experienced mechanic friends, who are keen to work on anything unusual.

As for the Elite, I don't like them much, but a good friend of mine does and he'll be buying one when funds allow - sadly Elite prices appear to be all over the shop at the moment!

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Ah but James is a newcomer to Lotus and he needs to be given time. I felt like him 30 years ago and didn't like the Elite. :( 

Over time they have grown on me, and I now think they are a fantastic shape. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Oh Dear James. Got the Excel Bug. 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer