Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tail Light Mod? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tail Light Mod?

• Gold FFM
On 13/02/2017 at 21:07, eeyoreish said:

I fear this may have backfired.

Now I can only stand out from the crowd by keeping my single stop/tail lights... :cry:

What about some nice yellow lights on the side ??

Only here once

• Gold FFM

All done - nice and simple - colours not the same on mine as per the picture though.

looks very nice indeed - kinda fills out the back of the car when lit up.

• Like 1

Only here once

Dammit @Barrykearley, you working nights on this thing?

Did I miss a pic of your lights?? I assume you've had them personally approved by Ms Roberts otherwise it's not an officially endorsed conversion...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Ms Roberts will have to wait. Just got all the new bits out to do this and the eBay Muppets have sent the wrong LED bulbs. Ordered twin contact stop tails, received single contact bulbs. Only just noticed. :rant:

I assume this won't work even temporarily with normal filament bulbs? If I don't use the fogs?

• Gold FFM

No - if you have 1n4001 diodes you'll blow them up !! That's why I bought the 1n5401 - they work with either.

shame - your gonna have to wait - they look great B-)

Only here once

Nice one Neil, Barry.

As I've got to wait for my bulbs I've decided to go the 1N5401 3A diode route (thanks Freek), just in case whoever owns the car after my demise decides to unknowingly put filament bulbs in. Wouldn't want the car to end up on fire... Ten diodes for £1.49. Nice.

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

My 1N5401 3A diodes arrived this morning. As I was opening them I had that "duh!" moment. I had bought ten 1N4001 1As, all I had to do was to wire three in parallel each side to achieve the same thing. Hey ho...

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

My (correct) LED bulbs arrived today so I'll get busy with stage 2 on Saturday. Bonus is they didn't ask for the single contact LEDs back so I'll upgrade to LED reversing lamps while I'm in there :)

Might be a numpty question but is there a right and wrong way round to wire in the diodes?