Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
running engine without instrument binnacle. - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

running engine without instrument binnacle.

Jacques

Hello Gentlemen,

I would like to ask if I can safely start and run the engine on my 1990 Esprit turbo SE without having the complete instrumentation binnacle installed in the car?

Thereby meaning if there are anything such as the fans not working correctly if the complete binnacle is off the car.

I would like to start the engine and possibly let it run till' two fan cycles have passed.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I connected the adld cable to the laptop, ran freescan and there I can perfectly see coolanttemperature. Fans cut in at 92 degree cel. and off at 85 degree cel.

Cannot see oil temp though.

No errorcodes were present running without the instrumentation binnacle.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

A bit late, but some time ago I had to move my Esprit while I was working on the dash. I just put the steering wheel back and drove it around to another parking space. Only thing that worried my was not being able to check oil pressure after starting. But then again, most cars don't have an oil pressure gauge anyway and when the telltale light comes on, it's likely to be too late already. I do try to avoid running the engine for longer time at idle, with or without the binnacle.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.