Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Help please - ECU/OBDII - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Help please

Redrocket

Hi I have this problem, my check engine light comes on and it is p1301 misfire cylinder 7. I have already changed the plugs wires and coils. Still after idling for about five minites the check engine light comes on. If I do not let it idle it does not come on??? :lol:

Thanks in advance Julian

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have this problem, my check engine light comes on and it is p1301 misfire cylinder 7. I have already changed the plugs wires and coils. Still after idling for about five minites the check engine light comes on. If I do not let it idle it does not come on??? :lol:

Thanks in advance Julian

Are there any secondary fault codes?

How did you determine it was cylinder 7, as P1301 by itself does not define a specific cylinder?

The manual also claims low compression in a cylinder can cause this code. the error is set by a variance in crankshaft speed. I think it would have to be very dead cylinder to trigger this fault. Try a compression check (tough to do)

Wayne

The Older I get the Faster I was

Are there any secondary fault codes?

How did you determine it was cylinder 7, as P1301 by itself does not define a specific cylinder?

The manual also claims low compression in a cylinder can cause this code. the error is set by a variance in crankshaft speed. I think it would have to be very dead cylinder to trigger this fault. Try a compression check (tough to do)

Wayne

The other code is p0307 and the compression in that cylinder is 70pounds? The car has 6000 miles .

The other code is p0307 and the compression in that cylinder is 70pounds? The car has 6000 miles .

Well P0307 is a misfire in cylinder 7, but at 70 pounds cylinder 7 is your problem. I would check all cylinders as a cross check. 135 to 165 should be about right, I have never taken a compression reading on my Esprit, but 70 pounds is low. Get a leak down tester and you can determine if its valves or rings by listening in the right places.

Wayne

The Older I get the Faster I was

Well P0307 is a misfire in cylinder 7, but at 70 pounds cylinder 7 is your problem. I would check all cylinders as a cross check. 135 to 165 should be about right, I have never taken a compression reading on my Esprit, but 70 pounds is low. Get a leak down tester and you can determine if its valves or rings by listening in the right places.

Wayne

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Julian - if you're interested a bunch of us are going to the cars and coffee meeting tomorrow ~7:30 AM

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Julian:

Squirt some oil into the #7 cylinder and re-run your compression test. If the pressure comes up, the rings are the problem. If not it's likely valves. Shitty story either way. The good news is Harry Appleby (www.VikingMotorsports.com) is close by and he can fix the issue.

Feff

Julian:

Squirt some oil into the #7 cylinder and re-run your compression test. If the pressure comes up, the rings are the problem. If not it's likely valves. Shitty story either way. The good news is Harry Appleby (www.VikingMotorsports.com) is close by and he can fix the issue.

Feff

Thanks for the info, I took the car to lotus and it looks like they are going to fix under warranty!!! This awesome because they were talking about 4500.00 to fix.

You may want to consider Symbolic for warranty work - way more Esprit experience. Anyway Julian, best of luck and we hope to see you on the street soon!

Newport european
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!