Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Cup - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Cup

mcx

Just now, Seriouslylotus said:

Mine are the lotus ones reworked.......

Yes that's what mean...If I wanted to change them is it possible (easier, cheaper?) to re-valve or just replace them?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
11 minutes ago, mcx said:

Yes that's what mean...If I wanted to change them is it possible (easier, cheaper?) to re-valve or just replace them?

New three ways are over £3500. Not sure what nitron will charge but it's a LOT less than that.

One thing to be aware of, the lotus kit uses 40mm front and 46mm rear dampers.

The 3 way kits use 46/46mm dampers

• 9 months later...

So resurrecting an old thread slightly... but I have a question....  does anyone know what the coating used on the matte cups bodywork was.. I am trying to clean off something stuck on the wing and the matte finish is wearing slightly. I guess B&C did the black V6 cups, so if no-one knows I'll call Jamie..

40 minutes ago, mcx said:

So resurrecting an old thread slightly... but I have a question....  does anyone know what the coating used on the matte cups bodywork was.. I am trying to clean off something stuck on the wing and the matte finish is wearing slightly. I guess B&C did the black V6 cups, so if no-one knows I'll call Jamie..

Martin, they were done at Factory, so should be the same paint on @NW76's car for example, and the same stuff used on the matt black panelling on the Cups/Sport 350s. Incidentally that's the same paint I've just had my CupR engine cover and wing struts done in, so we can grab the details tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

Martin, they were done at Factory, so should be the same paint on @NW76's car for example, and the same stuff used on the matt black panelling on the Cups/Sport 350s. Incidentally that's the same paint I've just had my CupR engine cover and wing struts done in, so we can grab the details tomorrow.

Right.. ta

2 minutes ago, MartynB said:

If the info is of any use, the factory paint guys recommend Concept Go Foam for deep cleaning the matt black soft finish.

https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/concept-go-foam-multi-surface-aerosol-foaming-cleaner-450ml.html

HTH

That's really useful info. My Black Edition is over 3 years old now and after nearly 20,000 miles is looking a bit tired - definitely needs a pre-season facelift!

10 minutes ago, MartynB said:

If the info is of any use, the factory paint guys recommend Concept Go Foam for deep cleaning the matt black soft finish.

https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/concept-go-foam-multi-surface-aerosol-foaming-cleaner-450ml.html

HTH

Thanks... I heard there was some kind of ceramic (maybe) or other coating applied to the paint either from the factory or in PDI. Not sure where I had read or heard that.

2 hours ago, alias23 said:

If anyone knows the Matt paint code or whatever to pass onto a spray shop I’d like to know please as would like to match my rear canards. Thanks

According to the paint code sheet I attached in the 'all colours' photo thread, it's code B141, if it's the same Matt Black as the Scura

On 2/9/2018 at 16:52, mcx said:

Thanks... I heard there was some kind of ceramic (maybe) or other coating applied to the paint either from the factory or in PDI. Not sure where I had read or heard that.

They don't at the factory, and it's not a standard PDI item, but any given dealer may have done a treatment. Some products will add a slight gloss or lighten the matte black. I had Gtechniq C1 with EXO on top done on mine. Seems to do a reasonable job of shedding dirt easily and keeping a bead.

• Thanks 1

On 09/02/2018 at 19:00, alias23 said:

If anyone knows the Matt paint code or whatever to pass onto a spray shop I’d like to know please as would like to match my rear canards. Thanks

@Hangar 111 know the paint code - was used on my exile Matte Black V6 CR