Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Has anyone weighed their Elise? - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Has anyone weighed their Elise?

JayEmm

• Gold FFM

Hi all

I am just curious - with Lotus' renewed focus on lightness, has anyone actually weighed their Elise in a roughly standard configuration? I know a lot of manufacturers are known to fib a bit about the weight of their cars, but Lotus make such a big deal over the thing I was curious how honest they are...

Anyone?

JM

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Ours is 935kg with about 1/3 tank of fuel. This was performed in park ferme conditions so reliable.

Its a 220 Cup with factory options of Cup R wheels a-frame and harness, carbon seats and isolator/extinguisher. We have air con but no stereo. 

Out of interest our LF1 was weighed when flat floored and was 1149kg which would have been with some fuel. That's 30kg less than lotus quoted, however I believe at the time they include some fuel which could account for it.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

New NA Sprint is 798kg... That's amazing! The Sprint 220 SC dry is 851kg, 878 wet...*

My JC T25 is apparently 870kg...I'm now hoping that's wet??!! 

@JayEmm

When we do the video it might be a laugh to do a weight test!? The car certainly looks (deleted bits like door mirror adjusters, lighter alloys etc etc etc) and feels like a lightweight special...

Porsche with the RS and Ferrari with the Speciale make such a thing of going light... and charge us handsomely for it! 

I have no doubt it is 870kg because it feels it but I'm no expert! ??

* - EVO figures 

• 5 months later...