350 wing Help! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

350 wing Help!

Redrocket

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only source of the 350 wing is lotus - the part you need are listed in the parts manual, pretty expensive IIRC..!

The mount for the 350 wing is on the tail gate in the same place as the 02 wing so it should go on without mods.

:) Hello

Does anyone have or know how to get a 350 wing??? Also will it fit on a 2002 esprit without modifications??

THANKS Julian :)

Don't do it................

You've got a 2002 V8 and you want to put a 350 wing on it !!!

sorry, but to me the 350 wing is a bit too "Max Power" for my liking.

To each his own i suppose.

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

The only source of the 350 wing is lotus - the part you need are listed in the parts manual, pretty expensive IIRC..!

The mount for the 350 wing is on the tail gate in the same place as the 02 wing so it should go on without mods.

Don't do it................

You've got a 2002 V8 and you want to put a 350 wing on it !!!

sorry, but to me the 350 wing is a bit too "Max Power" for my liking.

To each his own i suppose.

Yes alot of people think that, but i sure like the 350 wing anyone got one for sale let me know.

Yes alot of people think that, but i sure like the 350 wing anyone got one for sale let me know.

Julian,

Where are you located? Are you in the US? You may check with Dave Bean Engineering. If not, and you are in the UK check with SJsportscars. Also, if you find a 350 wing, and you are in the US I'd be VERY interested in your V8 spoiler!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

I actually have a mould to make Sport 350 wings.. although they're a total pain in the hoop to make to be honest!!

I had a fibreglass one I made myself fitted, but then managed to get hold of a real carbon one eventually which was much lighter!

They are a bit 'max power' looking, but they're a lot lighter than the standard spoiler, which is something I like..

I don't think they're much more efficient.. I believe it's only the last 6 inches on either side that actually does anything anyway!

An interesting point to note is that there are two different versions of the spoiler, one is about 5 inches narrower than the other! Not sure which came first.

Lotus did full wind tunnel testing on every wing before it made it's way on the back of an Esprit.

The sport 350 wing is the best for both down-force and stability of all the wings available.

If it's about performance over style (the lotus way), then the Sport 350 wing is the lightest (unconfirmed) and most efficient available.

This is the only reason that LEW's Esprit received a Sport 350 wing. In it's then current form, with the high-wing removed, it was the worse set-up, short transom and no wing, that was possible on an Esprit. Reduced down-force, less stability, and if I remember rightly (which I normally don't), promoted oversteer.

In the end it's your choice, Style or substance! On the style side, I prefer a Sport 300 wing, but it's not the best I could put on. Plus it reduces rear visibility and needs painting, is heavier the isn't practical for using the rear storage space or for jumping in to work on the engine.

The Sport 350 wing is the best original wing you can put on an Esprit, not just a marketing ploy to sell more cars. Don't think MAX POWER, think lightweight performance in the Lotus way.

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

A proper 350 carbon wing does indeed weigh cock all. I took mine off to see ( I wanted to run a Vmax without it but never got the chance ) and found out just how light they are.

Right then, said Fred.

An interesting point to note is that there are two different versions of the spoiler, one is about 5 inches narrower than the other! Not sure which came first.

Yes there are at least two different wing lengths of Sport 350 spoiler and numerous different finishes some are smooth and glossy some are plain fibre mat.

Also of note is that there are also two different styles of winglets that fit on the end.

neat time you see two or more sport 350's parked next to each other take a close look..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Julian,

Where are you located? Are you in the US? You may check with Dave Bean Engineering. If not, and you are in the UK check with SJsportscars. Also, if you find a 350 wing, and you are in the US I'd be VERY interested in your V8 spoiler!

Artie

Thanks for the info but I would keep my old wing, I have kept everything I have taken of the car.

I actually have a mould to make Sport 350 wings.. although they're a total pain in the hoop to make to be honest!!

I had a fibreglass one I made myself fitted, but then managed to get hold of a real carbon one eventually which was much lighter!

They are a bit 'max power' looking, but they're a lot lighter than the standard spoiler, which is something I like..

I don't think they're much more efficient.. I believe it's only the last 6 inches on either side that actually does anything anyway!

How much would it cost to make one and did you need to modify the car to install it?