Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast 3rd September @ Corgarff, Strathdon - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast 3rd September @ Corgarff, Strathdon

A change to the advertised venue folks; we will be enjoying a run out to Gorgarff, Strathdon. This was a popular event last year as we spent several hours on some of our favourite roads. Given the usual focus on 'the drive' (and who wouldn't), many of you may have driven past the Goodbrand & Ross Tea Rooms and Gift Shop but its a good halt along the Old Military Road on the run down from the Lecht/Glenshee to pick up provisions.

http://www.goodbrandandross.co.uk/ 

We had a reserved table and an outstanding full breakfast last year which they are more than happy to lay on for us again. There's good parking and its a nice spot to admire the view with a breakfast roll and a blether. There's a gift shop for those inclined to do some early Christmas shopping. As usual, we need to give them an idea of numbers and an indication of how many might want a full cooked breakfast so they can get some extra black pudding and mushrooms in, so if you could add that to your name(s) that would be helpful.

Nearer the time we'll propose some rendezvous points for those wishing to travel in convoy - lets hope the weather holds and, if I'm leading again, no non-indicating horse boxes........

Strathdon.jpg

1 & 2 Mark plus 1 - Full x 2

Thanks for organising this one Mark but sorry I can't make it as I am away. We had a great time last year.

My uni work is finally done for a little with so I'd love to come.   Can't believe the last trip here was a year ago though I've missed far to many meets again :(.   Anyway ? Add me please. 

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

1 & 2 Mark plus 1 - Full x 2

3 Liam Warnock (Full Breakfast - Liam Please confirm)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I'm supposed to be going to an event for my other motoring passion (clue in my user name) at Abbotsford House that day but I've just noticed (and pointed out to the event organisers who were unaware, :rolleyes:) that a lot of the roads down there are going to be closed for the lycra-clad velocipedists taking part in the 'Tour of Britain'.

Therefore, I may well become a last minute gate-crasher on this instead.

Judging by the response so far I doubt you'd be gate crashing, rather making up the numbers. A few of the gang will be embarking on their Sardinia jaunt that weekend and I saw an invite to all Lotus owners for the Boness Revival which is also on that weekend.

It was a great run last year, I hope we get a decent turnout. Brian will be sending out a mass mailing shortly.

On 22/08/2017 at 20:30, hedgerley said:

Brian will be sending out a mass mailing shortly.

Just about to send that now.

Are you guys getting email notifications of a message in your in box or when a post goes up on the forum?

3 hours ago, tut said:

Has this been posted on S_E Brian?

tut

@hedgerley Not sure as I didn't do the original post. If not I will post it up there too. I am sure I shared the event on Scottish Elise's Facebook as well as Lotus Ecosse and LEGS Facebook.  

21 minutes ago, bingoking said:

@hedgerley Not sure as I didn't do the original post. If not I will post it up there too. I am sure I shared the event on Scottish Elise's Facebook as well as Lotus Ecosse and LEGS Facebook.  

I barely use FB so get my meets from S_E cross postings.  I was told today that John/Wendy Walsh had arranged a meet also on the 3rd starting at Morgan McVeighs and going on to Grantown on Spey but this does not seem likely if he has got it correct.

tut

Post now added to Scottish Elises forum.

Looks like lots happening on 3rd September, Bo'ness Hillclimb, Grampian Motorfair and the Sardina trip so may explain the slow uptake on this one.

Motormania is also on at Grantown Brian, but it is a static show so not my thing, prefer the breakfast craic and driving.

Anybody meeting up before the Cafe?  I am coming from Keith so probably on my own.

tut

It seems we are still struggling to get a decent list together, but this is what I have so far.

1 & 2 Mark plus 1

3 Liam Warnock 

4 David Boyd (possible)

5 Tut

6 Pit Stop

The cafe needs to know reasonably accurate numbers for the full breakfast by tomorrow first thing. I'll make an executive decision now and scrap that option given we don't have many attending and I want to keep it open as long as possible. Their normal breakfast menu is fine anyway, the usual selection of bacon, egg rolls etc. and I'll get a table reserved.

Pit Stop - the routine is a cut and paste of the existing list in a new reply/post and add your name to it, including passenger if you have one and keep an eye on the instructions in the original post.

Given the low numbers, I suggest we all make our own way there rather than try to rendezvous and travel together, unless anyone wants to make a private arrangement (does two cars count as a convoy?)

Given the distance, as mentioned we will be aiming for breakfast at 10.30 so arrival between 10.00 and 10.15 would be good. Hopefully we will get a few more along by Sunday.

Thanks for the notes Mark. I'm totally unfamiliar with all forms of social media, so apologies in advance if I mess up the protocol for these things.

There'll just be me (the missus is away golfing...) and I'll be leaving the Inverurie locale around 0900. If anyone does fancy a convoy for the run via my route, then Alford transport museum car park would make a good RV; let me know.

Tea and toast will do me for breakfast.

I'll be in an Orange Elise SC. 

Cheers

Pit Stop 

Sincere applogies all I'm afraid I'll not be able to attend after all. (Not a decision that I made myself)

very sorry.  I'll do my very best to attend the next one ?

Appologies also for the slow response I was in holiday until earlier today and had not internet signal 

Edited by Liam Warnock

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

So, probably a record low turnout for a LEGS run but a big thank you to Tut and Pit Stop for joining me at Strathdon. I think the last time there were only 3 of us was when Brian, Al and I met at Powmill one random Sunday several years ago and thought, why don't we do this every month, invite a few others and call it a LEGS run ?

Anyhow, a great drive - I never tire of these roads - in beautiful weather and a good blether with the chaps over excellent breakfast rolls. Thanks again guys.

Hopefully see a few more of you next month when everyone has returned from their travels.

• Like 1