Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone run ado8r tyres on their V6 ? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone run ado8r tyres on their V6 ?

Finding the standard tyres on car , go off pretty quick on track.  Someone recommended ado8r's. Prices seem fair. 

Anyone tried them and can feed back their experience of tyre ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I haven't heard of anyone using those to be fair... most folks are testing Michelins, Toyo, Nankang, or Avon.

Pirelli Trofeo are good on track but a tad expensive, once my current allocation has died I'll be moving to Avon for the money.

1 hour ago, DJW said:

Finding the standard tyres on car , go off pretty quick on track.  Someone recommended ado8r's. Prices seem fair. 

Anyone tried them and can feed back their experience of tyre ?

Which track days you been on then? 

www.alias23.com

Donny and Cadwell Park plus Silverstone GP circuit. 

Fancied the ZZR's but technically not legal for the road now. 

Need to pop over and see you car Imran as fancy doing rear wing and front splitter like you. 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I find them better than Nankangs on my Elise. With a good geo very predictable with a lot of grip. Almost like semislicks. So predictable that I just drive with traction control off. Very resistant to overheating and they last quite long. They are definitely on the top of my list of tyres to test also on Exige. I still have a new set of ZZRs on one set of wheels and two sets of Michelin P4 for the other one so haven't ordered them yet. But will definitely test them also on Exige this year. 

What alloys do people run for track days ? 

Love the idea of ultralight forged alloys, but at £2.5k unshod a tad steep 

I run my standard wheels, however my car only comes out for a few weekend drives and track namely when it's dry hence I find I'm fine with semi slicks.

There are other options other than the Lotus Forged rims which are nice but very expensive. Have a look at BC Forged they offer Forged options (ignore their bling range and look at the one piece Track models) decent quality and decent price.

I know of quite a few folks running them no problems. I'll be going down this route when funds allow and I've ticked a few more boxes on the wish list.

www.alias23.com

• 4 weeks later...

The Yokohama AD08R are excellent tyres - I have been using them for both road and track (daily driver) for the past few years. They have really nice, stiff sidewalls which gives the handling response a slight boost, and in my own experience they are way stickier than the P Zero Corsas which my car came with.

Newer tyres such as the Direzza Z2 Star Specs or Potenza RE71R are said to be better than the AD08R in terms of outright dry grip, could be worth a try. Just my two cents.

• Like 1