Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Lotus Suspension Install Question - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Lotus Suspension Install Question

Alright so I just received the new revised SE suspension from Lotus. I removed the old damper & spring from the rear and went to fit up the new one and noticed there are a few new parts that were not on the old setup! If you look at the picture below of my new parts I have the typical four metal bits that surround the two part rubber "tower" and then there is an extra large tapered washer type thing and a metal sleeve. I can't for the life of me figure out where those two parts are supposed to go, maybe I am just missing something obvious. I have also attached a picture from the Lotus services notes of the rear suspension. Finally, is there a torque setting for the nuts that go ontop of the dampers?

suspensionpartspc2.jpg

suspensionblowupcy8.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

-Graham

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

See :

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...?showtopic=9209

Brian Angus kindly sorted a few further queries on this for me this week.

If you look at the bushes one side is lettered, these must face each other in their orientation, the steel tube pushes inside BOTH the rubbers.

As you tighten the top nut down the tube acts as a stop - wind it down as far as you can and then nip it slightly (no need to overdo it esp as it's a nylock anyways).

The domed washer of the 2 (large thick ones, shown middle left on your picture, the one with the biggest hole) goes inbetween the rubber bump stop and the blue sleave that protects the stem. So you have bump stop, washer, sleave in order.

I'm finishing off a indepth LEW article for this but I haven't got the parts to finish the job yet so I can't take the necessary photos of the install.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks Jonathan! I was putting it together and for the life of me could not figure out where that steel sleeve went! I will give it a shot this weekend and see how it works out.

What parts are you still waiting for? I got my suspension shipped from England to me in the US in under 1 week!

Best of luck,

-Graham

See :

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...?showtopic=9209

Brian Angus kindly sorted a few further queries on this for me this week.

If you look at the bushes one side is lettered, these must face each other in their orientation, the steel tube pushes inside BOTH the rubbers.

As you tighten the top nut down the tube acts as a stop - wind it down as far as you can and then nip it slightly (no need to overdo it esp as it's a nylock anyways).

The domed washer of the 2 (large thick ones, shown middle left on your picture, the one with the biggest hole) goes inbetween the rubber bump stop and the blue sleave that protects the stem. So you have bump stop, washer, sleave in order.

I'm finishing off a indepth LEW article for this but I haven't got the parts to finish the job yet so I can't take the necessary photos of the install.