Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Abs Brakes On 1998 Gt3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Abs Brakes On 1998 Gt3

Hi Everybody,

Help needed :) I Have just fitted a new battery to my 1998 GT3 Esprit ,Now I have no ABS and the peddle is rock hard with no brakes, :crybaby: There is no ABS warning Light coming on, I have checked the fuses under the bonnet and also the ones in the boot is their any more fuses anywhere for the ABS it is the later type Kelsey_Hayes unit.

Is it a error code stopping it working and do I have to get this reset at a dealer. :band:

Thanks for your help Regards Paul

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everybody,

Help needed :) I Have just fitted a new battery to my 1998 GT3 Esprit ,Now I have no ABS and the peddle is rock hard with no brakes, :crybaby: There is no ABS warning Light coming on, I have checked the fuses under the bonnet and also the ones in the boot is their any more fuses anywhere for the ABS it is the later type Kelsey_Hayes unit.

Is it a error code stopping it working and do I have to get this reset at a dealer. :band:

Hi Paul

Ok have you no brakes at all? Have you tried with the ignition off ,pumping the brake pedal untill it goes hard? Then turn ignition on and you should hear the pump running to top system pressure back up to operating pressure.As for fuses have you removed the plastic cover which sits in bonnet l/h side on bulkhead? there is fuses in there too.I may be barking up the wrong tree as i have an S4s and the braking setup is Delco Moraine and may be fundamently different but its defo worth a look.Let us know how you get on and maybe we can try a different route.

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Hi Everybody,

Hi Paul

Ok have you no brakes at all? Have you tried with the ignition off ,pumping the brake pedal untill it goes hard? Then turn ignition on and you should hear the pump running to top system pressure back up to operating pressure.As for fuses have you removed the plastic cover which sits in bonnet l/h side on bulkhead? there is fuses in there too.I may be barking up the wrong tree as i have an S4s and the braking setup is Delco Moraine and may be fundamently different but its defo worth a look.Let us know how you get on and maybe we can try a different route.

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.