Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone Using A Tubi? - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone Using A Tubi?

I've been running hi-flow cats and no muffler (loud to point my neighbors hate me!) so I picked up a used Tubi as the noise inside the car was even driving me nuts. Anyway, I just put it on (looks good!) but I'm shocked how quiet it sounds, at idle air flowing into the K&N's makes more noise than the exhaust! Now what's strange, standing next to the car you can't hear much, but if you move about 20 feet behind the rear and rev her up, it sounds okay. Is this normal for these exhausts?

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try hitting up the two links on this page, for a V8 with Hyper-Flow cats + Tubi:

http://www.lukewalling.com/

Not to change the topic, but you have me worried about the hi-flow cats. I'm entertaining a pair of Hyper-Flow cats with stock center exhaust. I don't mind the noise in the cabin, but if it's going to bug my neighbors, I'm concerned. Are the hi-flow cats quiet at idle, and get only noticeably louder with increasing RPM (like the stock cats...but only a tad louder)? Or are they just plain loud at idle? I'm mainly concerned about the RPM band between idle (~900) to 2500. If the noise is acceptable in this range, it'll give me enough leverage to scoot out of my neighborhood in 1st and 2nd without waking them up on Sunday morning. Once on the main routes and freeway, I don't mind if the hi-flow cats shatter the windows of oncoming traffic.

Edited by 2003 V8 TT

The hyper-flows and no muffler at idle aren't too bad, but as soon as you give it any RPM then they come to life. I used to have stocks cats (which went bad) and a straight back pipe (no muffler). As soon as I went to the hyper-flows I noticed a major difference in noise level. On a weekend I park in an indoor lot, first time I pulled in with the new cat's I pretty well set off every car alarm in the structure as I went by.

One of my pet peeves is being woken up at 6:00AM by morons on Harley's ripping up and down the Coast Hwy revving the nads out of these bikes with no mufflers.

Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

My 2000 V8 has both hyperflow cats and a Tubi. The previous owner had just installed prior to selling. While I don't know what it sounded like before, you can certaintly hear it at start up but idle is fairly tame. Once you get on it, the sound comes to life. My neighbors only say something when I get into the gas, as its sounds like I'm going 100 through the neighborhood.

Overall I'm happy with the set up. I've had all kinds of cars and loud hot rods, so I was not looking for anything that would get me noticed more that the car already does.

I've been running hi-flow cats and no muffler (loud to point my neighbors hate me!) so I picked up a used Tubi as the noise inside the car was even driving me nuts. Anyway, I just put it on (looks good!) but I'm shocked how quiet it sounds, at idle air flowing into the K&N's makes more noise than the exhaust! Now what's strange, standing next to the car you can't hear much, but if you move about 20 feet behind the rear and rev her up, it sounds okay. Is this normal for these exhausts?

Hi guys, Im new, but have had an all stock '99 v8 for 6 years now and have been recently contemplating installing a Tubi. The only thing keeping me from doing so is a "crackle" noise that I have heard on other esprits with a sport exhaust when the car decelarates. I dont know if this is the Tubi or the cats. If you go to the second link you will hear what I am talking about. I was also told that Lotus sold a "sport exhaust" that was good and cheaper than the Tubi. Is their any truth to this? THANKS!