Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pants Evo Track Day At Oulton Park - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pants Evo Track Day At Oulton Park

Hi all,

took the Lotus and my mate (who didnt get his porker out as it might rain) to watch cars being tracked at the EVO track day at Oulton Park. It was complete pants, so bad that we have written a letter to EVO telling them this. Its written tongue in cheek and so we will see if the editorial has a sense of humour or not.

Here is the letter:

Dear EVO,

My partner and I have recently been looking to re-style our humble council house existence and move upmarket - more Miami Vice than just vice. So, the self styled 'Sonny Crock-o-shit' and 'Rico Tubby' decided to sell the Saxo and live the EVO dream in a Lotus Esprit GT3. In reality our experience today was more EV-O-Dear than expected!

Part of our new up-scale living was to ditch ASDA carpark meetings in favour of the up-market festival of automotive exotica that was promised within the pages of your magazine. I refer, of course, to the EVO track day scene.

Rico and I were beside ourselves with excitement as we set off for Oulton Park sure in the knowledge that our first foray into the world of EVO would be veritable 'drool-fest' of supercars being thrashed to their limits around a top circuit.

Upon arrival Rico exclaimed that I must have made an error for their seemed to be only some 15 other cars in the vicinity and those appearing to be heading on track consisted of Mini's, 2 'Beemers', two stock Audi's an RX7 and Mr Bovington's Nissan with a friend.

"Good heavens" we both exclaimed to the other two people who seemed to be there watching- "there's little here of interest to the general punter and none of the Cheshire set has shown up either!" Naturally we felt that the reserve we had shown in not actually applying to drive the circuit for fear of risking our Lotus was unfounded - surely there could not have been a safer track day in which to participate!

The day was salvaged by the presence of a number of Radicals providing a soundtrack more befitting of our local bypass at 2AM.

We returned home early and resorted to re-arranging our new living room furniture and settled down to admire a free copy of EVO tastefully displayed on the coffee table.

Please be assured that Rico and I are committed to our new EVO lifestyle and hope that whilst loosing our virginity was a disappointment, we will hope for a more stimulating experience in the future.

Yours hopefully,

Sonny and Rico

Edited by Alex --GT3--

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice letter :rofl:

It certainly used to be the case that EVO didn't organise the days themselves. We did a drift day for EVO at Silverstone which they branded as their own day, no problem with that. It was all done through Caterham and our days are tried and tested and very popular, but all they did was book far too many people on the day then gripe at us when they complained about it. Wasn't impressed with that, nor with half the EVO crew buggering off before lunch never to be seen again :respect:. Not surprised so few people go to their events now.

I was at Oulton on Tuesday for an Easytrack day and there was a great mix of cars.

Here are the photo highlights or is that low lights ( esprit excepted) . Spot the best car!

The race prepped VXR8 Monaro was a beast.

PICT1107.jpg

PICT1108.jpg

PICT1110.jpg

PICT1111.jpg

PICT1114.jpg

PICT1112.jpg

PICT1115.jpg

PICT1116.jpg

The most exotic was the BIFFA car!

PICT1118.jpg