Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4S esprit may be seeking new home soon - any interest? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4S esprit may be seeking new home soon - any interest?

Blackngolds3turbo

Hi all,

A customer of ours is considering selling his S4S in the near future, so asked if I knew anyone that may be interested. It’s a chance to get a very nice Esprit without the price markup from the usual dealers.

The car is in beautiful condition, bodywork wise it’s high on the list of the neatest looking I’ve seen. It’s N reg, originally a Norfolk registered car I believe, red with OZ split rims - again, in lovely condition - and a cream interior. We have looked after it mechanically for several years, serviced annually and recently cam belted. We rebuilt the gearbox earlier this year and tightened up the backlash in the differential. The braking hydraulics were fully re bled (using the correct method which is crucial to them performing as they should!) with new stainless steel braided hoses all round - including the centre ones that run through the chassis that many people miss. The car had new fuel tanks approx. 6 years ago and is also fitted with a twin exit exhaust conversion similar to the V8 style. It had the geometry done by us, again earlier this year so it now handles well. It also had a clutch slave cylinder a couple of days before the Lotus 70th!

Overall it’s a very good car - and one that I was planning to buy had our V8 not been quite such a drain on the funds! It’s not currently on the market but the owner will likely put it up for sale fairly imminently - if he doesn’t have a sudden change of heart! It’s a much doted upon Esprit and I’m not sure he wants to see it leave really and would like it to go to a good home if it has to go!

Any questions, do ask or drop me a PM. I know the car inside out!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic