Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Engine no start! alarm immobilizer problem !? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine no start! alarm immobilizer problem !?

Hello ALL

Today on my GT3 year 1999 witht the new interiori like V8 I tried to start the engine and go out for a trip but the engine no started !, the ignition go ON, the all light on the dashboard go ON, disarmed the immobilizer because the red light always before to start go ON nd flash the red light (you use the transmitted to disable it and then the engine start)

I tried to disconnect the battery but not any result, I think that the immobilizer have some problem also seen the red light that flash with little light like a little power, now the light is ok but not start also,

tried too to connect the other little key (the transponder on the little hole near the fuel open bottom cap) the key to register the keys and the radiocontrol....not solution found

now I fit the battery charger and connect to the battery to test if is possible that the battery is low but I think not because the problem is on the early, because not any engine start noise or other only the start classical noise of the vacuumpump and a other little noise just when you go to the ignition on, also the radio, lights and other lights work

what you think abotu??? there's someone to reset.....let me now I can't start the engine !!!

Alessandro

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alessandro,

Check the batterys fully charged and as said above see if the starters solinoid makes a noise, as a quick rule out you could try bump starting the motor to rule out the starter if you have have people to push!

Regards danny

A

Tested the car with the battery full charged but no news ! As I thinked the battery was not the problem, the battery is ok infact

do you mean for the engine starter solenoid the classical noise when all cars start the noise of the starter of the enigne??? if you mean it, it no noise, any noise is likely that the car have the immobilizer ON the engine is lock,

some times ago on my LandRover I had a similiar problem, the battery of the trasmitter was low and the engine no started because have the immobilizer that locked the engine.....

when I turn the key after unlocked the immobilizer with the trasmitter so then IGNITION ON all lights on dashoboard show ON, after turn to start engine NOTHING any noise on the engine all died, and the dashboard light are always ON,......

What I can check to resolve this problems, ????

last time that I started the car and run out for a trip any problems, after I managed on the chargecooler inlet manifold because I checked if on the chargecooler there was some extra parts of not tidy system and managed also to disconnect some plugs around to put my hands without problems, but checked it and all is ok......what you think now????

THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM ..... !

Please some one can post the exactly location of the engine starter......if someone have some pics very appreciated to see the exactly location

ps: I had managed on the engine bay to try to understand how to wash the chargecooler system, and I unplugged and plugged some connectors, but now I think that perhaps have managed someone and not restore it, but I checked all and all should be ok (I mean connectors)

When you try and start the car the alarm siren should sound - at least mine does.

Also when you start up you should hear a few noises once the immobiliser allows the circuit to work - these should be vac pump and the ABS system iirc.

Again mine makes a characteristic noise when you un-imobilise the car.

Finally you might have jumped code on the immobilising key - some immobilisers count how many times you press the button and how many times the unit is activated and counts.

If you walk out of range and keep pressing the un-immobilise key the 2 become un-syncronised and you need to then take it to an car electronics company to rectify the problem - letting the battery go too low on the car might have the same effect.

Ahh...try locking/unlocking the car on the KEY. I seem to remember this making a difference somewhere.

The starter solenoid is in the rear luggage bay, lift the hatch and it should be on the right hand side (when looking towards the front) under a cover with a plastic nut.

It should click if it is working - also check the red and white wire is attached to the starter motor which is directly behind the oil filter and under the bend in the engine oil level tube.

Try looking here :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonhimself/36...57618836576558/

There's nothing that I can think of on the engine apart from the starter wire (mentioned above red and white) which will stop the engine from trying to start.

Ciao

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

thank you Jonathan also for your post so:

my car have the siren un plugged from 10 years because the last owners when bought this car have some problems because the siren go on without reason so unplugged it and it's unplugged from 10 years!

when I go to ignition on I listen some noise, the vacpump, abs too, also a classical noise like "iinnhhnnnnhhnn" is common at many cars that did this noise when you go to ignition on so turn the key.....

when I un-imobilize the car I listen the particular noise and the red light flash on the cockpit come to OFF,

I tried also to re sincronize the key using the transponder but the same result!

could be someone wires unplugged because I managed on the engine bay to try to understand how to wash the chargecooler system and unplugged some wires connector when I maneged on the inlet out let manifolds...

I will check the wires on the starter, check also the relay solenoid,

Thank you all ! I will let you know and how to start the engine soon!

Sounds like it is un-immobilising, if there are noises happening when you activate it then it sounds OK.

You might have a broken relay - try swapping that with another in the relay box.

Thank you all for your support and help to sort out the problem

at the least this afternoon finally I reolsved the problem

the white connector on the starter engine was not connected because I certainly when managed around the chargecooler managed on the connectors and put off it,....

I tested the crank engine using +battery directly to a pin on the starter motor that not was not connected to nothing, so I thinked that someone was wrong on the starter motor, and using this connection directly the engine go to crank.....

The white connector was in bad position and was very difficult to found it, at the least I used a mirror I conencted it and the car engine go to start

Regards and thank you

Alessandro

Wahoo - that is the white/red wire on the other cars (prob a different colour on yours then) it basically energises the solenoid on the starter motor so it can start spinning.

Good job