Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Markeaton Park Motor Show (derby) - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Markeaton Park Motor Show (derby)

Mick Bull

Hi everyone,

I have been attending a motor show in Derby for the last 5 years, would like to know if any other Esprits would like to go? It is a free event on 1st July at Markeaton Park in Derby. My wife and I will supply light refreshments, the event includes awards for best in show etc. it is organised by the Derby Evening Telegraph, we usually have a group of about 7-8 cars attend, it would be nice to see more Esprits. If anyone is intrested I will post the details!!!!!!!

Mick

GT3

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me down as a possible for this.

Nice to see some intrest in the Derby show!!

I will need to know numbers by 10th June as this is the closing date for car passes.

The usual time to meet is 9.15 to 9.30 on the 1st July at Mc Donalds car park on the Markeaton park island which is located on the main A38 going through Derby from Burton Northbound to M1 junction 28 ( cannot be missed)

regards

Mick

Nice to see some intrest in the Derby show!!

I will need to know numbers by 10th June as this is the closing date for car passes.

The usual time to meet is 9.15 to 9.30 on the 1st July at Mc Donalds car park on the Markeaton park island which is located on the main A38 going through Derby from Burton Northbound to M1 junction 28 ( cannot be missed)

regards

Mick

I'll be there - if not in the esprit then I'll bring the elise. Besides, its local :thumbsup:

Rich

tempting me thinks, i have this feeling something is going on that day though.

and as it is so so close to me, if you need a beast veilside supra my misses maybe persauded to

bring that also.

(what colour is you GT3?, as you live round the corner lol)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

tempting me thinks, i have this feeling something is going on that day though.

and as it is so so close to me, if you need a beast veilside supra my misses maybe persauded to

bring that also.

(what colour is you GT3?, as you live round the corner lol)

Hi, my GT3 is Norfork Mustard, if you can make it we would need as many lotus cars as possible ( sorry but the supra sounds nice however the show is open to individual cars if you contact Derby evening telegraph and ask for the events organiser) hope to see you there!

let me know?

mick

put me down as a possible maybe...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

1st of July sounds like a Sunday.

Me thinks the NMEG boys could be making a special visit to Derby that day.

Put me on the list please.

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I am a definate unless Renu want to go offroading, she wanted to go the other week but it clashed with Oxford, so I need to give a little

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Mick,

Sorry but having checked the diary, I now find I'm committed that weekend...........bugger.

To make matters worse, I'm committed on a Family Camp, organised by Cubs and Scouts (both my boys are signed up) so that means 2 nights under canvas with the strife and kids and ...............no beer.

If there is a God, Family Camp will be rained off and I'll be with you.

If not, have a good day, file a report and pics and try and get along to some of the NMEG meets.

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I am a definate unless Renu want to go offroading, she wanted to go the other week but it clashed with Oxford, so I need to give a little

Thanks for the intrest, just let me know if you can by 10th June as this is the cut off date, Mick

I'm up for this! Any other NMEGers?

See you at Markeaton park entrance (Mc Donalds car park) 9.15 - 9.30 on the 1st July, I will book your pass,

Mick

think i should be able to manage this one

;)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

I am now a definate...

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

• 3 weeks later...

subject to me getting my car back from Chris Neils where are all us NMEGers meeting? somewher near stoke? then A50 to derby?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

subject to me getting my car back from Chris Neils where are all us NMEGers meeting? somewher near stoke? then A50 to derby?

Bit out of the way for us to come up to Stoke, but for the sake of an Esprit convoy. Us boys coming from the south could meet at Stafford services, and anyone coming from the North could meet at the services just before J15, then co ordinate a meet on the A50.

any news on car passes, hopeing to put the gearbox back in mine today so (finger crossed) it should be ready.

mick, you were last seen on here on the 14th june! where have you gone :hope:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

As an incentive to get your cars nice and clean, when I used to go to this a few years ago there was a trophy for the best classic voted for by the public, and who wouldn't vote for an Esprit.

Put me down as confirmed for this event.

cheers

Alex

I am now pending getting my wheels sorted. Should be ok, but might not (god that sounds indecisive!)

Edited by Alex --GT3--