Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rear seat belts Eclat Elite automatic? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Rear seat belts Eclat Elite automatic?

It looks like this Eclat has automatic 2 point belts in the rear https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Eclat-Monaco-white-1978-Rare/123550037290

Does somebody has a source for them which will fit properly without any modifications in an Eclat? all I could find are manual adjustable ones... but I dont want the look of flying belts at corner speeds on Lotus levels.

Thanks

Don

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I bought and fitted a set from ebay.

Concealling the drum behind the panel was a tight fit, but it worked. They have been fitted for 10 years.

I cant remember the exact brand, but I think they were Securon.

Most would fit.

• Like 1

I can take some pics Don, but the eclat v8 lives in a rented garage a few streets away, so it will take a while.

The inertia drums went to the outside. It seemed more normal pulling the belt across from the outer side than pulling it from the centre.

I bought stainless steel rear seatbelt plates from Lotus bits and fitted them. I used the inertia reel lap belt to secure a Britax Prince child seat. The Britax Prince was one of the few child seats that was certified for use with a lap belt and narrow enough to fit into the bucket seat of the eclat.

I also used the lap belt to secure a maxi cosi pebble base, which allowed me to click in a baby capsule. I have been dragging my two kids to classic car shows since they were months old.

• Like 1

Good point with the outside position and thanks for the advises for the child seat. It would be my very next question for securing Baby.Hasi in the back 👍

do you remember the length of belt for the catch piece? Does 30cm sound reasonable?