Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2019 Upgrade plans - Feedback requested - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2019 Upgrade plans - Feedback requested

Looking for a bit of feedback on my next upgrades.

Car is an 06 Elise 111R. Car is mainly for track use but does get used on the road.

Upgrades I've already done last year.

• Nitron NTR's with clubsport springs. Full Geo done and corner weighted.
  • Rear Toe-Link upgrade.
  • Baffled sump and upgraded oil pump gear.
  • Harness bar, schroth harnesses, Corbeau pro seat.
  • RS14 pads and racing fluid.

Not interested in power upgrades (yet) as I think the only thing worth doing is supercharging. So focusing on handling.

Brakes seem up to the job at the moment, not getting any fade even after 20-30 mins of hard lapping.

Next upgrades I'm considering are a front splitter and a rear wing. I like the SC wing as it's quite understated but also like the GT4 item. 

Also thinking about wheel\tyre upgrade as well. It's on stock rims with AD07's. Handles OK but do feel like the tyres are letting go a bit and think some stickier rubber would be good.

So, the wing and splitter. Anyone got any feedback on improvements in handling ?

Wheels\tyres, my understanding is to fit something like an R888 I'm going to need to change the wheels as they don't come in sizes to fit the front. Also, anyone got any recommendations on wheel\tyres sizes I can get away with with the Nitrons as there is a slight drop in height, not slammed though.

Thanks

Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days