Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Help Please - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Help Please

just went to look at the car ( car is not stored at home presently) yesterday and noticed a small oily patch infront of the drivers side front wheel, car is due for a c service next week so can get it sorted then, but wonderd what the fluid could be and where it was possibly coming from?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

just went to look at the car ( car is not stored at home presently) yesterday and noticed a small oily patch infront of the drivers side front wheel, car is due for a c service next week so can get it sorted then, but wonderd what the fluid could be and where it was possibly coming from?

Argh, sounds like brake fluid chappy! Did you touch the spot to see if it smelled sweet or if it in fact was oily? Coolant if sweet smelling, brake fluid at the frame junction or caliper(or o-rings in the calipers have given up the ghost). Or more likely the oil cooler fittings at the front(in front of the wheel)

Artie

Edited by Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

If it's infront of the wheel it's one of the oil coolers or pipes - not uncommon to got boobs up. The P/O of my GT3 had one go and it was replaced, the garage said to have the other one replaced incase - he declined and then the other one went 2 weeks later !

You can always tell by touching the fluid - if it's slippery it's engine oil, if it feels like it's drying your skin it's brake fluid.

Brake fluid is thinner as well.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

If it's infront of the wheel it's one of the oil coolers or pipes - not uncommon to got boobs up. The P/O of my GT3 had one go and it was replaced, the garage said to have the other one replaced incase - he declined and then the other one went 2 weeks later !

You can always tell by touching the fluid - if it's slippery it's engine oil, if it feels like it's drying your skin it's brake fluid.

Brake fluid is thinner as well.

Yeah, and tastes nothing like gear oil....

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

thanks for that guys, was slippy to touch so oil then? will check again tommorow

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

just checked on my way home from work, it is deffo oil, so assume oild coolers or pipes then?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

just checked on my way home from work, it is deffo oil, so assume oild coolers or pipes then?

Have a look under the bonnet mate, theres a long pipe from corner to corner and there

is a rubber joint to each cooler, look right down behind the light pods. An SE i looked at

had these hoses chopped then joined with a bit of pipe and jubilee clips, apparently this

is done to make some other job easier (rack?), but creates joints where there should be none...

Paul, it's often done if only one oil cooler is replaced. The cooler unions are very difficult to access without correct spanners so the pipe gets chopped and joined as you describe.

Mike

thanks will look tommorrow if I get the chance

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Perhaps thats the reason why the PO of my car was advised to have them both done ?

Hopefully it's just a weeping pipe for you Howard !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk