Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Norfolk Meets - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Norfolk Meets

OwenGT3

Hi Everyone,

Have mentioned this briefly in one of my listings (Newbies, Esprit comes home to Norfolk), but I was wondering if there is a regular meeting of Esprit owners held in the Norfolk area, somewhere in and around Norwich? I know there is one held every month by the SELOC site as my mate helps organise the local meets in this region, but I wondered if there was one just for us esprit nuts? :realmad:

Any info on any meets in the local or surrounding area would be great. :devil:

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

Have mentioned this briefly in one of my listings (Newbies, Esprit comes home to Norfolk), but I was wondering if there is a regular meeting of Esprit owners held in the Norfolk area, somewhere in and around Norwich? I know there is one held every month by the SELOC site as my mate helps organise the local meets in this region, but I wondered if there was one just for us esprit nuts? :realmad:

Any info on any meets in the local or surrounding area would be great. :devil:

Owen

I think club lootus have now got a Norfolk branch (think it was missing for a while and used to be joined to Suffolk), so there's a fair chance there are non-specific meetings, having said that I've been for acouple of gentle runs this weekend and managed to not see any Lotus cars. Maybe there's nobody left driving them in Norfolk at the moment (not even an Elise)?

Andy

I think club lootus have now got a Norfolk branch (think it was missing for a while and used to be joined to Suffolk), so there's a fair chance there are non-specific meetings, having said that I've been for acouple of gentle runs this weekend and managed to not see any Lotus cars. Maybe there's nobody left driving them in Norfolk at the moment (not even an Elise)?

Andy

I have joined Club Lotus, mainly because the insurance wanted me to. The information on their website says they have a meeting every month, it's just the otherside of Fakenham and starts about 7.30pm. I was hoping there was something closer to Norwich.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Owen, I'm always up for a drink with other LEF members. Aren't too many around here but I firmly believe that those few owe me alot of pints for some reason or another! :realmad:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I took the Esprit to our local Lotus Seven Club meeting on Monday and whilst chatting to the chap who runs the Suffolk Club Lotus area (whose face I recognise but name I can't remember) someone else informed me of an East Anglian Lotus Club (Club Lotus offshoot) that meet on the second Monday of the month at the Rushall Half Moon, which is east of the A140, north of Diss.

I was contemplating going along next week.

Where abouts in Norwich do you live Owen?

Here we go !

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow

One of the finest pubs in the area imho, only pipped to post by the Fox and Hounds in Great Moulton. Go, and have a pint for me.

Rich - 3 years in exile, but working on getting back..

Hi, I live in Lakenham in Norwich, south side of the city, 5 minutes from Trowse by-pass and the A140, 15 minutes from Lotus Cars. I don't mind travelling some distance, but the nearest Club Lotus meet is a 50 mile plus round trip for me, and after a usually crap day at work you sometimes don't feel like that sort of trip, I would have to go straight after work.

I was looking for something a bit closer, 30 min journey time to the destination. I'm going to go to the SELOC one next in Norwich, but most are Elise and Exige owners, which ok are nice Lotuses, but I'm old school, has to have a Chapman connection built in! :rant:

Some have replied to this thread and seem to be up for meeting, so perhaps a meet should be organised? I use to meet to discuss a project with some guys in the pub on the A11 at Attleborough, forgot what it's called, but you can't miss it, the big one next to the roundabout, what is it called? :realmad:

Thats a good place to go to, reasonable car park and pleasant inside.

Any thoughts?

Owen.

best way to get a meet within a 30 minute drive is to organise it yourself, pick a venue date and time and publish it then go! thats how NMEG (North Midland Esprit Group) started and we are now probably the most active Esprit group in the world*

we have met very month bar one since Decmber 2005, some local meets, some going as a group to national meets like oxford or donnington

* this is what bibs said to me at castle combe

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Owen,

The East Anglian Lotus Club meeting is tomorrow.

Are you up for going?

It is within your 30 min journey time .. well, if it isn't you don't deserve to have a Lotus since I could do it in that in the Landy :)

Incidently, the pub by the roundabout is The Stag or Breckland Lodge.

Much better is to turn off at the roundabout and head back towards Attleborough and go in White Lodge just a stone's throw further down the road.

Or possibly The Larling Angel just off the A11 at the junction passed Snetterton.

Or even better still, find a pub that is on a nice scenic road worth driving !!

What's The Bird in Hand at Wreningham like these days, not been in there for some time ?

That would mean we would have to drive the old Norwich road :)

Hethersett Social Club, gotta be! beer is cheap, 5 Snooker tables, 2 pool tables, Darts board. I can sign anyone in!

Stag's a bit pants Owen.

Marsh Harrier's ok! Mulbarton Worlds End? there's a bikers meet every month at the pub in Swardeston that used to be the Dog, Can't remember it's name right now.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Ah, Mulbarton World's End could be a runner :whistle:

Great drive for me from Garboldisham, but barely time for you to get the choke off Kimbers !!

Don't worry mate, My bike doesn't need too much warming up!! :whistle:

So when do we do it? There's me, Owen, Nifty, Andy Clements (and Chris Red stripe) anyone else?

We could try and find a time when we're all free, that'll probably work out to be 2008.

If we just pick a proposal for the time, then people will have to say if it's impossible for them, and maybe shift it accordingly.

Red stripe is in Scitland over the weekend (Caledonian Challenge), the challenge is for the other walkers to not be tempted to push him down a hill.

Andy

p.s. Kimbers, I popped in Friday but you were in a meeting , a long meeting.

Was that your bight new car just outside the sales office door, I think the model was a Jazz, in a candy pink?

I did get the message mate, unfortunately in a training meeting. All us managers are going through courses to become practicioners in training others in sales techniques.

Good stuff and always happy to have another string to that bow!

Pink Jazzes! God if only we could get hold of 100 of them. We advertised that one online and within an hour we had 4 offers of deposits from around the country. Woman ended up flying down from Glasgow the next day to collect it!

I'm getting a new 08 Accord Sport GT (new model to the line up) in August. Can't wait, face lift, dropped and sported up suspension, black 4 spoke alloys, rear spoiler, pimped windows......yummy!

I've a better idea .. why don't you all come to mine on Saturday and help me sort out the electrics on my car .. folllowed by a quick session to get the 7 up and running .. anyone good at wiring looms ?? :popo:

By the way, any of you would be welcome to pop into the Cornwallis Arms (Brome, Diss) on the first Monday of the month for the Lotus 7 Club Carrotland meeting .. what car meetings should be like - a little tyre kicking, an exchange of technical data and an opportunity to scare the 5h1t out of some casual observer who dares to ask for a ride :smoke:

In all seriousness, I would be up for a meeting providing we drive the cars .. can't stand pootling to some meeting just to sit round nattering on a beautiful summer evening.

I bought the car to drive it, not to polish it (though I will be doing a little bit of that as well)!!

If it's just a chin wagging and beer quaffing do then I'll bring the Landy .. at least I won't have to fear the headlights not popping up when I head for home :lol:

By the way Kimbers, what bike have you got ?

Incidently, I took the Esprit to the Cambridge L7C meeting last night and had a great blat down the BSE to Haverhill road (A143 I think).

Came back along the A11 and surprised a VR6 ( that had been right up my chuff) when I overtook a queue of cars sitting behind an artic, just before the Elvedon monument. Despite my self-imposed 4,500 rpm limit (cambelt due for change) he still seemed to fall back somewhat. Of course he had to have the last say by passing me once he'd caught me up.

I can't believe how spritely the 160 bhp seems to be, so much more lively than the previous S3 I had.

That sounds like a plan.

I need to do something to the turbo before that though - I've just burned through one of my coolant hoses, the one between the swirl pot and the expansion tank- I let it rest naturally, and it's been touching the turbo unit.

Do you want to borrow the S3 manual (if I can find it)?

I used to surprise a few cars with the S3, I think they expect them to be of similar performance to the other "sports car" of the era, X19, TR7/8 etc. even my old Europa gave one of my mates a shock when we brought it home from Luton.

He drove my Peugeot S16 and I drove the Europa (I did swap with him half way to let him have some fun), even with 155 BHP the Peugeot couldn't keep with the little 30+ years old 1600cc Lotus. Initially I though he was being too gentle, so I made the Peugeot give all it wanted to plus some, and I couldn't stay with the Lotus under acceleration.

Come on Norfolk & Suffolk people- lets make the most of the reasonable weather.

So maybe saturday is out !

Hi Everyone,

I'm up for a meet! Just need a good pub where you can park your car, no good if they don't have a car park. I'm going to the SELOC meet next week to meet some of the owners from that forum. Brome, Diss isn't out the way for me, what about another night for the Esprit owners? Or mix it with the seven gang?

Nifty, was that the new Cambridge meet some of the SELOC owners from Norwich went to? That was Tuesday evening.

Owen

Where's the SELOC meeting ?

How about we all visit the EALC next month?

I get the feeling that you chaps have a bit more life in you than they seem to ... we could have some fun stirring them up a bit :smoke:

I asked them if some of the L7C could pop in and the reply was "Well, not too many !!" Shiver me timbers, there were only half a dozen Lotuses on a beautiful summer evening and they all went inside and sat down for a meal ! They all talked about the bills they paid and work done in the garage, but nothing about the fun of driving the car.

I'll bet you if I went on a blat with them in the Landy I've have to stop for them to catch up :popo:

I must get the 7 finished for next month and offer a few rides :lol:

Cornwallis is a great venue apart from the cost of drinks !!

Tivetshall Ram is an obvious place for parking access and can be approached via some interesting roads, not just the A140.

By the way, Saturday at mine was a joke.

You are welcome but I will not be working on the Esprit there, I shall take it to my mates 4 poster in Diss.

Despite the recent light showers we've had (passed 2 fire engines today in Drayton, looked like they were going across a field to rescue some cattle from the river), the forecast for Norwich area is good.

It may be after 9pm, but I think it's time to get the Esprit ready to be used as the car for the journey to work.

Re a local meeting, we'll probably have to suggest a couple of dates, and if the weather is atrocious have a standing instruction to cancel base on a certain weather forecast.

Kimbers, I'll try and pop in re the Lotus mags one day this week, I hope to be able to get away early, although it rather depends on the outcome of the meeting with one of the new directors. (I looked at that sentence and added Lotus in, it looked quite dubious without it).

Andy

By the way Kimbers, what bike have you got ?

Always happy for a gratuitous bike shot. My Monster 1670cc V Twin :

mt-012.jpg

Oh Baby

So we just gonna talk about it or do it?

By the way Andy, Still got em in me car!

Oooh - Kimbers - that *is* nice - MT-01? ;)

Clicky here if you get bored and want to download a free paper kit from the Yamaha Japan Website - actually looks quite good! ;)

MT-01 Model

Thought you had a race rep?

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Naw, Race reps are for conformists!!

I set out certain things I wanted from a bike 1. Gotta be different from all the plastics (sorry if you ride one). 2. Gotta be extreme in both looks and performance. 3. Gotta be scary and driftable on corners. 4. Gotta sound the mutz nutz 5. Gotta look at it and mess my pants!

This ticked all the right boxes! :yes With the added benefit of making your ears bleed when revved in a built up area (I hate one of my neighbours and it helps to make him really mad at 7am on a Sunday morning (Just as I'm going to bed!!) :)

Naw, Race reps are for conformists!!

Well - at least my race reps are so old they couldn't possibly conform! Put it this way - all my road bikes insured fully comp - unlimited mileage -

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Hi, :)

SELOC meeting is tomorrow evening (Wednesday), starting about 7pm, so if you don't mind mingling with the Elise and Exige then please attend, it's held at Wreningham at the Bird in Hand pub. I'm going along for the first time to meet my mate with his Elise, so a few 'proper supercars' along will show them what a real Lotus looks like! :)

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=123648

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3