Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
geo and corner weighting - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

geo and corner weighting

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying, that buying a stove makes you a good cook. However,  I bought two identical scales (max. 250 kg) on eBay and used that for corner-weighing.

You have to "calibrate" the scales. Eg. stand on the scales and register the readings. Any deviations have to be compensated for on the later readings.

1. Corner-weighing must be done with anti-rool-bar deattached.

2. Car on scales have to be horizontal.

3. Scales must be "calibrated"

What you can affect is the cross-diagonal weight balance - nothing else. It's like a table with 4 legs. If one leg is too long, the table will be diagonal unstable - no matter what you put on the table.

I use the attached excel spreadsheet for registration and calculation.

Corner weighing.xlsx

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp

Good to have a diy go at corner weighting but it's only going to cost about £65 to get it done professionally, especially if geo is being done at the same time.