Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pull To The Left - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pull To The Left

Pick the car up today and all felt fine. Got home then drove to a friends. on the way back i had to go down a road with speed bumps, since driving over them the car now pulls to the left quite sharply. think the bumps might have thrown out the tracking.......... any advice would be appreciated......

have taken the wheel off but can nothing obvious..............

Edited by Setras

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick the car up today and all felt fine. Got home then drove to a friends. on the way back i had to go down a road with speed bumps, since driving over them the car now pulls to the left quite sharply. think the bumps might have thrown out the tracking.......... any advice would be appreciated......

have taken the wheel off but can nothing obvious..............

Maybe the wheels of your car needs to be re-aligned ...

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

You may have busted a poly-bush. Once they get aged they like to brittle or bust when hit hard.

:huh: Have a good look with a flashlight.

where and what do i look at...... took the wheel off yesterday evening and saw nothing out of the ordinary

what i think happpened is i tur the corner and the speed bump is right on the point you straighten the steering. I think i may have mis-judged and what i thought was a ferocious speed bump was infact th kerb. Took a walk down the road this morning with the door and right by that speed bump there is a little gouge out of the pavement, but it might not have been created by me........

Edited by Setras

where and what do i look at...... took the wheel off yesterday evening and saw nothing out of the ordinary

Took a walk down the road this morning with the door ........

euh ... :huh:

:lol:

should be the dog not door..... think i need to re-wire my brain.

Have a friend who is a mech and MOT tester he has worked on all my cars and is an ex Jag guy he is popping over tomorrow to have a look....

Edited by Setras

should be the dog not door..... think i need to re-wire my brain.

Have a friend who is a mech and MOT tester he has worked on all my cars and is an ex Jag guy he is popping over tomorrow to have a look....

I supposed it was the dog :huh: (lapsus lingae, happens to anyone) ... Seems that your problem will be solved soon, keep us up to date please ...

hi sorry if this is too obvious but have you checked the tire pressure?

dave

pressure is fine. noticed today that the wheel is not quite straight. but will be having it checked and diagnosed tomorrow afternoon

fried had a look this afternoon. Not as bad as i thought. The bolt which holds the wishbone to the sub-frame if facing passenger side front wheel lower right has been bent and is cause the wheel to be out of alignment. Taking it tomorrow to have it straightend but would like a replacement ideally (bolt not wish boe) any ideas where i can source one........???

booked the car in friday to Lakeside engineering to give me an estimate on the repair....... Lets hope it is not too expensive as I dont start the new job untill middle of july................. figers crossed

Getting really annoyed with the N on this keyboard as it is causing me lots of edits....

Edited by Setras