Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercar Sunday... - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercar Sunday...

Iain

Ahhh, yes. I almost forgot. Dave brought along his pie warmer, too:

1026.jpg

;)

what is the estimated gas mark and how long....... mmmmmmm new cook book idea "manifold morsels" ;) will call my publisher in the morning.....lol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we've started to go a little off topic - I can't help wading in... ;)

Try these:

7133YD0XYDL._SS500_.gif

Available at Amazon

And

Manifold Oven

There are quite a few others... ;)

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

OK - So who's up for collating the LEF Guide to Manifold Cooking then?

I suspect our cars running temps may be a lttle too extreme for 'normal' manifold cooking! ;)

910_Lotus_Esprit_Turbo.jpg

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Would it toast marshmallows too?

Looks like a fabulous day out, love the pictures of the Esprits, always a lovely sight. So wish we could have been a part of it....hopefully next time.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

I had a great day, it worked well having food availible with the Gazebo, table and chairs. Maybe next time we can arrange a BBQ? I usually get bored of these events after an hour or two but yesterday, we were kept busing all day.

We should do this more often so we have a seating area to congregate.

It was nice meeting Alex and taking him down as a passenger. It was also nice to meet all the usual suspects and to see graham's new V8 finally! We had a good turn out with Esprits.

Day was slightly marred by my exhaust cracking and my recent root filling falling out! The worrying thing is that Iam on holiday tomorrow so need to find a dentist today!!! Help!! ;)

Thanks Toby,

Just got back from my dentist, refilled under warranty!! Down side is that i need a crown but pins won't hold so I need posts!! Sounds painful. Oh, today's visit they didn't give an an anasetic!

Graham,

What happened to your car, when and where did you break down? Hope everything is OK. Have you found out what's wrong?

Dave

Having just read Katos writeup on LEW, metioning the lack of Enzo's and Veyron's etc, if anyone is interested in seeing these I happened to take the kids to Beaulieu over the weekend, and currently in the entrance to the motor museum is a supercar exhibition, which to my surprise contains an Enzo, Veyron, Mclaren F1 GTR, and an F40. Entrance is a bit steep, about

Graham,

What happened to your car, when and where did you break down? Hope everything is OK. Have you found out what's wrong?

Dave

;)

I pulled off the A34 about an hour from home ;)

I put my foot down to start a pass on a couple of slower cars when there was an almighty screech from the turbo! Luckily I was less than 100 yards from an off ramp, so bimbled down off the dual carriageway and parked in a layby. There was so much smoke ;)

A couple of hours with the spanners out (and the Dremel!) this morning showed this - I think I see what the problem might be......

turbo003.jpg

I've been swapping emails with Marcus and he's going to make me a nice shiny new one that's suited to the GT3.

Alternatively head down to Romans Car Dealers in Surrey and see them for free!

Last time I was there they had:

2x Bugatti Veyron (

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

you can keep your ensos and veyroons put em in the ulgy thread...along with those zondhas

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Great day out ;)

The only downer for me was the notable absence of many clubs. back in 1999 there was

no display arena as the whole carpark was full both sides of exhibits. Yesterday i noted the

lack of several marques that used to attend in large numbers like: The DeTomaso Club,

the Jaguar club (inc XJ220's), The Masarati club (inc the older classic Bora's etc), The Jensen

club, The Venturi Club, The Nobel club, The Carlton club, The Delorian club, the Alfas, the RS

fords, etc,etc account for a hundred or so cars that used to be regular. I wonder where they

were instead?

Next time i suggest we have a drive out at about 3pm to the porridge pot in Warwick for some food.

Be nice to get that many cars rolling together, and still well placed to head home.

;)

Here are my piccies starting with the run up from Lamborghini High Wycombe. As with any run we got split into smaller groups by traffic so we ended up driving up with 2 Vt's and the Bugatti! :)

DSC01488.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

This WAS an F40! Just 14k kms, and a ground up restoration due to rust! :)

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

My ride

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

was a wicked day and a more varied collection this year, met up with a friend at warwick services and the autoadrenalin boyz and girls and justine managed to blag her supra on there stand inc free passes to there food and drink tent,,,,bonus. really nice guy who runs it aswell, mike.

as usual i was chatting crap alot so didnt realise the time and missed the run in, finally getting there though, meeting up with ghey robin and harsh. nice to meet you at last big si, even though you managed to threaten me from across a car park LMAO LMAO (your engine bay is wicked, but make sure all the new CF your doing is fixed in well as robin WILL steal it, londoner nuff said)

loved the lambos and met up with a annual friend ben with his monster lambo diablo, the most stone chipped lambo in the world lol, and he was moaning no one would play with him on the way up as he (alledly) hit just over 180mph, go ben lol. some really nice cars there though this year.

BIG THANKS to harsh in the 360 spider for saying "oh im off to get this thing from the museum heres the keys have a go" OH YESS. was saying all day how i quite like my lotus again, then got out of the spider and thought oh my god i might aswell own a corsa LOL. even gave robin a drive of mine (thats how bad i need that rari, risking the life of my car in "da robins" hands) also gave mike owner of the club a go, think he ran off in it for a while LOL

good day all in all, didnt leave till about 5pm

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

i was happy, think he should give it to me as a present!!

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Fantastic pictures, Folks. Thanks very much for those.

Being a dummy, I missed the supercar show on Rodeo Drive the other week. I didn't know it was on until I read about it afterwards.

Must get myself up to Pebble Beach one year. A guy in the office flies to England for the Festival of SPeed every year so a 4 hour or so drive shoulsn't stop me.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE