Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nmeg .... Egm To Discuss Anything Nmegy - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nmeg .... Egm To Discuss Anything Nmegy

arbell9

Fellow NMEGers,

following on from the Supercar Sunday Pics thread and my comment about convoy ettiquette.......

As per Graham's idea,

How about an NMEG meet, sort of EGM where anyone can come along have a say about anything NMEG related. Perhaps over coffee at the Little Thief in Whitchurch?

Or if there is another suitable watering hole people would prefer.

Evening or Lunch spot at the weekend? As its v light in the evenings an 8.00 meet wouldnt be too bad?

Cheers

Alex

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.00 thats bed time for me ...

good idea , can it wait until I get my Esprit back?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

oh it's not only me then...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I'd got you in my sights Mat fear not!! As it was straight road I assumed you wouldn't get lost :lol:

Slowed down well before the junction to allow everyone to line up so we could arrive on mass :huh:

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

dont worry mat.. i passed them a few times... slow coaches.. this old g-car showed em :huh:

erm... alex.. i remember a certain pair of loons shooting off into the distance, then dissapearing, me not being allowed to go above a3k revs and phil getting lost also... naughty naughty!!!!

Edited by bigsi

8.00 thats bed time for me ...

good idea , can it wait until I get my Esprit back?

Sounds like a weekend do then and yes we can wait until your esprit is burning the tarmac again. Any ETA on completion date? I am have got to get my finger and get my wheels sorted!

You got a nail through your finger too?.................

Funny enough , I did spike my thumb making it bleed tonight whilst moving the G.Pig run around on the lawn, damn chicken wire on the edge, but i meant finger out!

Any ETA on completion date?

they said about 10 days to get the radiator re cored so end of the month I think.

only joking about the bed time thing I go at 8.30 but could do an evening meet, and woyuld come in my daily, when and where? some one set a date

did Graham ask you guys about the bibs offer?

ps did dermot give anyone my spare wheel?

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I didn't mention the Bibs offer because Howard needed to be there to discuss.

Effectively Bibs had offered us his body anytime, any place.

I've said "no thanks" but Howard and I thought some of you guys might be interested.

Lets put it on the EMG agenda for discussion

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

AGENDA

1 convoy ettiquette

2 bibs offer

any more items?

date and time?

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

3. Future events

I suggested Whitchurch because I thought it was fairly central. We have members in Kidderminster to the south and Wallasey and Manchester in the north (I'm leaving the likes of CarlC and BigSi out of the equation for this exercise, but if they'd like to come along then even better)

If people prefer motorways to A roads then there is also the Little Chef on jct 16 of the M6.

Personally, I'd prefer the A roads to Whitchurch, but I'll go with the flow.

As for a date, lets try Sunday 8th July. It fits nicely between the June and July hoons.

I've got to be back by lunch but could do a dawn raid followed by Breakfast and an EGM.

If people prefer a night meet then I'm fine with 8pm. Could probably do 7pm if that's more suitable...........also means Howard gets his Ovaltine on time. ;)

Perhaps the pub in Market Drayton where we sometimes meet?

Those that intend on coming, post your preference (yes I know I've just opened the door for all sort of smutt).

If all else fails, we'll add the Agenda to the end of day out at Nick Whales in July.

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

i dont really need any excuse to take the car out but coming up for an evening meeting then having to travel back home that evening would be to much for me, when i got home from sunday i was exhuasted, slept most of the morning too.

How does sunday 8th July look for people?? This would be in time for the official july jaunt.

How about this pub, 12.00 meeting time????

front01_tn.jpg

Good range of sandwiches, and the car park looks decent

Burleydam

Whitchurch

SY13 4AT

United Kingdom

Tel: 01948 871223

Fax: 01948 661371

Email: combermere.arms@brunningandprice.co.uk

Web: http://www.combermerearms-burleydam.co.uk

Opening times:

On Sunday we are open from 12.00 noon until 10.30 pm.

Our full menu is served daily from 12.00 noon until 10.00 pm (9.30 pm on Sundays).

Edited by Alex --GT3--

I suspect as with most meets there'll always be some who can't make it. Having said that I hadn't realised 8th was British GP day so I'd rather not then. I do feel we'll be better served combining with an existing meet. I have most dates in my diary in advance so that makes it easier for me to attend, unexpected meets tend to snag up with other commitments.

Go for same time as Nick Whale?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I would prefer evening for a sit and talk meeting, 8th is the weekend after the derby show so would realy need to be at home brownie point etc

british grand prix is not worth watching you know who is going to win anyway..................just kidding

what about early breakfast meet before nick whales say 5am at hilton park?.......just kidding again 6am would be fine

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Ok, here's my Plan B

Leave it till the Nick Whales meet on the 22nd July.

We'll be leaving there shortly after lunch.

We then hoon through Kidderminster/Bridgnorth and make our way pack to the pub in Market Drayton in time for aftrenoon tea/coffee.

After the bun fight, we all go home.

Plan C I suppose is that after leaving Nick Whales place we go across the road to the hotel (could be pricey) or nip up to Frankley service on the M5

Prefer the hoon associated with Plan B but realise that folks may have to get back.

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

plan b sounds good, what about the lamb insted of the gingerbread man which is up for sale by the way and may not be open in july???

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Yes, I'm ok with the Lamb. More convenient for our Kidderminster & Welsh contingent too. It's on the way home for Wallasey/Manchester/Warrington etc

Graham.