Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nmeg .... Egm To Discuss Anything Nmegy - Page 2 - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nmeg .... Egm To Discuss Anything Nmegy

arbell9

AGENDA

1 convoy ettiquette

2 bibs offer

3 future events

4 logo

if every one is ok with the lamb as meeting point after the hoon back from Nick W's than I will book us some space/table, any excuse to pop in a ogle a barmaid....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey, I nearly missed this thread.

I like plan B, meeting at the Lamb (nothing to do with the pretty barmaids of course :mail: )

We could add a fourth item to the agenda: the possible formation of a North West group on the same model as NMEG and working closely with NMEG to avoid clashes and/or arrange joint hoons etc.

Phil

More speed, less haste

AGENDA

1 convoy ettiquette

2 bibs offer

3 future events

4 logo

5 or 4 depending if phil is reading ( see above post) formation of splinter northern flat cap Esprit group

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

As first member of the NWFCOEG (North West Flat Cap Owners Esprit Group) Im obviously with Phil. But given our first attempt was cancelled due to 'technical difficulties' Im not sure we have enough road worthy members to make a break away group. That why I had to head south origonally and join up with NMEG! Now there is talk of a break away group NMEG has obviously got wind of this and conspired with Lotus to prevent me from getting the new Lotus Dampers to keep me off the road until winter, when Ill be to scared to drive anyway. :crybaby:

Graham, Howard, Im sorry, please let me back in the gang and tell Lotus my Dampers are in stock.....

We could just change the wording slightly and keep everyone happy

NMEG North and Midlands Esprit Group

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

To be honest if we started creating NW splinter groups (as an example) sounds great but we'd end up with separate meets all over the place and I kind of like the once a month approach. Easy to commit too without compromising the other things in my life and you're all such a great bunch it's nice to see everyone on a regular basis.

One thing you midlanders could consider is having an NMEG meet up our way. There are some fabulous roads up in the Pennines, good pubs and food, and we could always go and bother Chris Neilds as well as Nick Whale?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

well i dont mind coming upto this nick whales do, frankley isnt to great a distance for me and its not to bad a drive there.

however i will be attending the south wales lotus ,meet at ty-nant and hopefully catching up with rob-c soon again.

travelling up there is a little far to do n a regular basis, but i will pop up from time to time.

Mat,

All of this is on the Agenda.

You guys ARE NMEG. NMEG is more than happy for you/CarlC/Phil etc to organise something.

Bearing in mind your fathers history, a good curry night wouldn't go amiss.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

you're all such a great bunch it's nice to see everyone on a regular basis.

aw shucks thats nice to know Mat,

as for the great roads in the pennines, I do know I grew up there and lived there most of my life.

seriously we have been discussing a northen trip for a while now, along with others yet to come into fruition

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Carl,

where have you been all this time? I've tried texting you a few times, I must have an old number, are you OK? Hope your car is OK too? Hope to see you soon at next meet!

Dave

As first member of the NWFCOEG (North West Flat Cap Owners Esprit Group) Im obviously with Phil. But given our first attempt was cancelled due to 'technical difficulties' Im not sure we have enough road worthy members to make a break away group. That why I had to head south origonally and join up with NMEG! Now there is talk of a break away group NMEG has obviously got wind of this and conspired with Lotus to prevent me from getting the new Lotus Dampers to keep me off the road until winter, when Ill be to scared to drive anyway. :crybaby:

Graham, Howard, Im sorry, please let me back in the gang and tell Lotus my Dampers are in stock.....

How does sunday 8th July look for people?? This would be in time for the official july jaunt.

How about this pub, 12.00 meeting time????

front01_tn.jpg

Good range of sandwiches, and the car park looks decent

Burleydam

Whitchurch

SY13 4AT

United Kingdom

Tel: 01948 871223

Fax: 01948 661371

Email: combermere.arms@brunningandprice.co.uk

Web: http://www.combermerearms-burleydam.co.uk

Opening times:

On Sunday we are open from 12.00 noon until 10.30 pm.

Our full menu is served daily from 12.00 noon until 10.00 pm (9.30 pm on Sundays).

Alex,

Just catching up on you guys and you have posted a photo of my local. Can highly recommend drink, food and STAFF!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the EGM went the way EGM's usually go.........general chit-chat, back slapping and indecision.

Strange that the guy who suggested the EGM should choose to visit warmer climes rather than attend :lol: Still, he may learn to regret that.

1.General consensus on convoys was that "we don't have convoys". If on our travels we found ourselves inadvertently in the company of other Esprits then common courtesy would be shown to others. It was accepted that speed limits are there to be adhered to, not exceeded.

2. It was agreed that to keep our posts/events in some sort of order, we would accept the suggestion made by Bibs and establish a NMEG sub-forum within the events section of LEF. This was on a trial basis to see how it goes. We'll still post pointers so people know where to find us. If enough people want us to revert to old system then we'll do so.

3. Discussion about future events produced some great ideas. Expect to see us "by the seaside", go-karting, and re-enacting scenes from Barnes Wallace's bouncing bomb/Dambuster raids at Ladybower reservoir in the Peak District. A trip to Keswick is also on the cards.

4. Because you love NMEG so much we thought it would be nice for supporters to show off with a super-duper logo. We agreed that anyone and everyone would be encouraged to design the logo and the anonymous designs would be voted upon by the NMEG members. The winning design would pick up a prize, which thanks to the generosity of Ian Garrett at Nick Whales Sportcars, turned out to be that wonderful Lotus watch (see other thread).

5. It was agreed that with input from members in the North West perhaps more events could be held in that area. This was already on the cards so keep your eyes peeled for future events that involve wearing flat caps and shouting "ecky thump".

6. Finally discussion took place on the election of officers. This was proposed by absentee Alex. Most thought that officers were not really required until the bar manager pointed out that the bar bill was nearly

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

A perfect summary. Well done Graham. I suppose you did have rather a lot of spare time to prepare the minutes following your misfortune at the end of the meeting. Hope its not too serious - at least you'll get a 10% discount. Perhaps they don't fix themselves after all!

Thanks David.

At the moment I'm more concerned with the 90% rather than the 10% discount.

I was certain these V8's fixed themselves.

Perhaps I should check out Dodgy's S3 turbo as a replacement?

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

Graham,

Great summary Graham. Only comment to make is the barmaids weren't up to scratch this time.......

I think if we start making everything too official the whole thing turns into a Mothers meeting with coffee and cakes and that, and these things can start to take alot of time to administer. Keep it simple and for what it is 'an excuse to go for a blast round the lanes with like minded persons!'

Nuff said.

Simon,

You should have waited for the AA man. Dodgy and me were pleased with the views/distractions whilst whiling away the hours :cheers:

See you soon,

Graham.

re barmaids lamb has changed management so maybe the totty changed too....

we will see lunch is booked for 16th Dec after charity hoon...

strange our new El presidente has not made contact......

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I think if we start making everything too official the whole thing turns into a Mothers meeting with coffee and cakes and that, and these things can start to take alot of time to administer. Keep it simple and for what it is 'an excuse to go for a blast round the lanes with like minded persons!'

Nuff said.

Couldn't agree more Simon (not that it's really anything to do with me). I've served on one or two club committees (not too mention sub-committees and sub-sub-committees) in my time. Trying to get anything done/organised is akin to wading through treacle... deeply frustrating!

Definition of a camel - horse designed by a committee. Says it all.

Greetings my fellow NMEGers, I am back in the uk and as your nominated El Presidente I have my first set of NMEG laws and decrees

1) no other NMEGer may over take me or make my driving look bad or make my car look slow in any way what so ever whilst on a hoon officially or unoffically. I should always have the prime parking spot and should always be flanked by other esprits for protection.

2) Rule numebr 1 cannot be revoked unless I am thrown out of power in a Junta style Coup! You V8 owners, I have my eyes on you!!!!!

3) Power is not corrupting ..... its intoxicating!!!

But on a serious note, nice summary graham thanks for producing it. I am in agreement with all of the conclusions and have ordered my flat cap for the up-north hooning (back to my homeland).

Be good to catch up with you soon, and soooo many posts to read. You are a bunch on chatterboxes.

Alex

:huh:

the only power you were voted was to pay the bar bill .....and who you calling a junta?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Howard,

Think it was a typo :huh:

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

Picked up my car from Chris Neil's last friday c/w new suspension........well all I can say is its fab-u-lass!! The car rides soooo much better and you feel more confident going into the corners (and out hopefully..) Best thing is when Gina at CN quoted the price she forgot to include the labour.......BLESS!!!

Came to an agreement due to the fact they had to replace some pins that were seized....still it was well worth the money...... just need to get some new tyres to complete the upgrade.

Hope everyone is well. Decided not to go to the Factory Day in September due to having two parties and work load seems to only leave the weekend for family things...should get to the August hoon though.

Simon,

Good man.

See you at the August hoon.

Graham.