Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Snetterton Track Evening - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Snetterton Track Evening

OwenGT3

Hi,

My mate over on the SELOC site told me about this event:

Snetterton Track Evening

I'm going along, but not tracking. I'm going to get some good video shots hopefully, might lend my mate my proper camera mount as he is tracking his car. My mate said it's free to go and view.

Hope to see a few Esprits and not all Elises and Exiges.

Owen.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there on the bike assuming the weathers nice.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I may well pop up and have a look ... or even join Lotus on Track, as I threatened to do last year.

Incidently, I shall be there on the evening of the 11th July (5.00pm to 8.00pm I think) in the Caterham if anyone whats to pop up and go for a ride round.

This assumes that I get the blessed thing finished and running by then !!!!

If you want a ride then just look for the car that looks surprisingly like the one in my avatar picture .. or just ask someone in one of the garages for Nifty, I'll be known by the majority of participants.

(I think passengers are free but you will need to sign the obligatory disclaimer and get an arm band).

Keep off the straight and narrow

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

So who's going tomorrow to the 'Lotus on the track' at Snetterton? Would be nice to put some faces to the names from this forum, I'll be the one holding a video camera, trying to look professional, but more than likely looking thoughly pissed off if it's raining! :lol: Well that's what the forecast is! If you're gonna plan an event this summer, just make sure it requires rain, then you'll be happy!! :lol: If it is raining I'll be the one that looks like he's trying to smuggle something out, with my camera under my jacket most of the time! :o I do have a big umbrella, but it has Jaguar Silk Cut all over it, had it about 20 years! :lol: Must invest in a new Lotus one! :happy:

Hopefully see someone Wednesday.

Owen.

What time is it? I now see the 4pm bit, so what time does it end?

I should be there. No doubt Kimbers will take the P### about the wheels on the Peugeot, as the Esprit is laid up with a leaking rear caliper.

Andy

Edited by andydclements

I'll pop down assuming there's no probs with the weather (and Mrs) Erm........doesn't it say Wednesday?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi,

So where you all? :) I was the only Esprit there!! It was actually a good evening, ok the event is dominated by Elises and Exiges, but there were a few other cars on the track. Porsche 911, BMW and a Noble.

I got what I went for, which was loads of video and still images for my DVD, weather was also on good behaviour and the rain held off. Lots of lorries arriving for the touring car this coming weekend.

I did get asked why I wasn't out there on the track, but my tyres would have gone home illegal if I would have done! :cheers: Still, I enjoyed myself doing what I wanted to do.

We need more Esprits next time, poor show for the county that makes the cars!

Owen.

Totally forgot Owen.

Make it up on my birthday and I'll buy you a drink......!

[Disclaimer: Tony will not be buying any drinks] :cheers:

My excuse was simple "I was alseep".

I made it home late after early starts and late finsihes each day at work and simply fell asleep.

The Esprit woouldn't have made it anyway, i'm waiting for a caliper seal kit for the new leak.

Andy

lightweights................thought you norfolk folk were going to show NMEG how it's done

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Ah but Howard, you see, we are hunters, moving around singley or in groups of 2 preying on those sheep that huddle together in numbers....bit like NMEG! :)

Make it up on my birthday and I'll buy you a drink......!

[Disclaimer: Tony will not be buying any drinks] :)

It's never your birthday coming up is it? You should have said something before :)

:) Just making sure everyone knows!! :) You wouldn't guess would you!

Ohhhh chance to use the new smilie.....I'll get me coat! :)