Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit turbo - Float level surge - Fuel System/Carbs - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit turbo - Float level surge

MikeJ

There's a number of threads on this topic and the illusive setting of 27mm depth of fuel. As they say, the carbs don't sit horizontal on the manifold. I measured the following on mine in the picture. If you take an average then it should present at 27mm at the jet stack.

However, I've got a different question, if I could test some logic with you guys...............

If I take a fast right hander, the car often wants to stall. (It doesn't want to do this with a fast left hander).

I guess in this circumstance, fuel will surge towards point A, this will hold off the floats harder which means that the fuel level at the stack will start to lean out.

How does that sound?

cheers

Mike

Carb depth picture.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've not noticed any tendency to lean-out during fast sweeping left/right handers - There are a couple as I lregularly leave/join the A1M where I have a sustained pretty high conering speed....  By 'stalling' do you mean its hesitating? 

NB - I use a vernier to set the float height relative to the top cover, not fuel depth - although that sounds fine in principle.