Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[SWEDEN] Alpine tour September 2020 - Sweden - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

[SWEDEN] Alpine tour September 2020

CaptainSlow

1818767011_Evoralogotype.thumb.jpg.df75bdcd876eec63c40d4ffd8f4c10e2.jpg

This season is coming to an end up here in the north. But planning for 2020 is in full swing. Recent years we've gotten into the tradition of Grand Tour. For 2020 we are looking towards the Alps.

Preliminary plan (dates subject to change)

4/9 Göteborg (ferry to Kiel)

5/9 Kiel - Speyer

6/9 Speyer - Schwarzwald Hochstraße - Vierwaldstettersjön -
Flüelen

7/9 Flüelen - Susten pass - Grimsel pass - Furka pass-
St.Gotthard pass - Porlezza

8/9 Porlezza - Iseo

9/9 Iseo

10/9 Iseo - Stelviopasset - Sölden

11/9 Sölden - Timmelsjoch - Jaufenpaß - Großglockner - Inzell

12/9 Inzell - Leipzig

13/9 Leipzig - Kiel (färja to Göteborg

14/9 Göteborg - home

overview_map.thumb.jpg.4d1856535c166ef8bf2d5982ab4d8f30.jpg

WE'll have a planning meeting in Stockholm on November 23rd with those that has expressed interest so far. But if anyone else is interested to join, please send me a PM.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can't find any option to edit my initial post. So, this one contains the confirmed dates instead. We've now had a planning meeting and the majority voted for one week later. Which means the plan now looks like this:

Overview

11/9 Göteborg (ferry to Kiel)

12/9 Kiel - Speyer

13/9 Speyer - Schwarzwald Hochstraße - Vierwaldstettersjön - 
Flüelen

14/9 Flüelen - Susten pass - Grimsel pass - Furka pass-
St.Gotthard pass - Porlezza

15/9 Porlezza - Iseo

16/9 Iseo

17/9 Iseo - Stelviopasset - Sölden

18/9 Sölden - Timmelsjoch - Jaufenpaß - Großglockner - Inzell

19/9 Inzell - Leipzig

20/9 Leipzig - Kiel (ferry to Göteborg

21/9 Göteborg - home

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of us have now booked the hotels. I’ve extended my own trip with one day at Nürburgring. In order to watch Lotus Cup Europe September 12. So, arriving in Germany one day earlier then the rest.

16 cars preliminary signed as of today!

Did a similar route with some friends in September last year (The Alps and Dolomite region at least) . Glorious roads. We had some un-seasonal snow and had to divert to get to Bolzano .

37 minutes ago, Toeside said:

Did a similar route with some friends in September last year (The Alps and Dolomite region at least) . Glorious roads. We had some un-seasonal snow and had to divert to get to Bolzano .

Italy is a favorite. Göran, one of the organizers, lived in Switzerland for many years. He drove an Elise 135R then and knows the passes inside out. He also attended this years Stelvio or bust tour. So, did some scouting for us!

Is funny it was on the run to Cortina D' Ampezzo that I saw a string of Elises' heading the opposite way ......... They looked like they were having more fun than us! and that was difficult  ....... we were in some German machinery! 🤔😅....... Apologies if this offends

But it planted a seed in my head that I should look at the Lotus brand again and consider a jump to something a little different!

Dolomite pork.jpg

Some french Metal there too! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sent an updated Roadbook yesterday to those that are on our list. If you have registered on the website but didn’t got an e-mail, please send me a PM here.

Of course, if you are interested but not yet have registered. Go ahead and do so. Use the link above in this thread. This will be an epic Grand Tour! It’s about time to get those hotels booked.

Some of us will start earlier and visit Lotus Cup Europe at Nürburgring on the way to Speyer.