Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So we have a forum?! - Page 4 - New Zealand - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So we have a forum?!

Sam Downey

That all sounds pretty good Frank and hopefully they sort the extinguisher soon.  I had been toying with taking it out being mindful that it restricts passenger leg room but not sure.  Is it a pain for passengers?  Is it fairly easy to change the suspension settings or a bit of a PITA?  Pleased you've got it riding how you like it.

When is the run-service completed?  Certainly puzzling that there seems to be different views on what is required, but if in doubt, oil and filter is pretty cheap piece of mind.  Then again we may be over-thinking this!

Has anyone had their hard top off yet?

No further word on my delivery, guessing Feb, so any pictures you guys can post will keep me focused!

Hope you're both getting time off to put some kms on your new machines and look forward to a drive together sometime soon!  

Drive safe!

• Like 1

Hi guys! I just went for a spirited run, now that I can finally exploit some full throttle actions really makes the car feels much more alive and exciting! The acceleration is pretty nuts, feels quicker than the 997 Turbo I used to own, probably because it's so light and small, that accentuates the sense of speed.

Jason, the suspension dials for compression are pretty easy to access, they are just on top of the suspension and easy to get to. But the rebound dial is below the suspension so it's harder to get to, but because I have small hands so I actually managed to reach them without having to lift the car. I also found from a Lotus PDF online that there are 16 clicks for the high speed compression, and 24 clicks for the low speed and rebound. This is not stated in the manual, so it's good to know, cuz at the beginning I was quite clueless because I don't know how many clicks there are, and the dials don't show any readings at all. I will post some pics below so you can have a look.

I believe the run in service is at around 1500km? I will try to ask them to change the oil and filter for me then.

Ya, hopefully the freight doesn't take too long for my new canister to get here, the noise is really super annoying, I think I will be so happy when it's fixed. The leg room is ok for the passenger because the passenger seat is bolted to the furthest position, but it does take out about 20cm though. Personally I wouldn't have spec'ed this in the first place, but I guess neither of us had any choice.

San, thank you for the run in tips, hence my spirited run today, haha.

Here are some pics from today:

IMG_20220102_143727.thumb.jpg.b7df56e56832b54c89368d3ba4bd8cc5.jpg

IMG_20220102_143743.thumb.jpg.36278366fdb109efafdb389c8d04836b.jpg

IMG_20220102_143752.thumb.jpg.eb9edbcdf67bbe5961e125d13c71d442.jpg

IMG_20220102_143736.thumb.jpg.a4be86acdcdc8bd26b3521ba273e07ed.jpg

IMG_20220102_143855.thumb.jpg.0329b9c3d93d0e6e432a2501e49a8a51.jpg

IMG_20220102_143820.thumb.jpg.4c6bcf4ac05e67a725acaa4ff705e9f1.jpg

IMG_20220102_141353.thumb.jpg.e645bacf5931d28eabb6b57a784afed9.jpg

IMG_20220102_141256.thumb.jpg.e08dc883f69b422da00a798c80ffeaf5.jpg

IMG_20220102_141249.thumb.jpg.f8b6905eb4c018adec840e867ebe88d0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Sam Downey I pestered Chris last weekend but he has not had an update on delivery and was following up. I assume it’ll be at least three weeks from when it leaves UK so I am in for a bit of a wait I’m afraid. 
How’s your machine going?

• Like 1

So apparently my car will leave UK 31 Jan so looking like mid-March.  Seems the spec has changed too, no fire extinguisher, but added stereo and full sound deadening.  Had kinda got used to the idea of the fire extinguisher.  Will be interesting to see what actually arrives!

2 hours ago, Exigo said:

So apparently my car will leave UK 31 Jan so looking like mid-March.  Seems the spec has changed too, no fire extinguisher, but added stereo and full sound deadening.  Had kinda got used to the idea of the fire extinguisher.  Will be interesting to see what actually arrives!

Congrats Jason, March is not that far away, just a little bit longer.

I am still have issue with my extinguisher canister making knocking noise, Lotus has agreed to replace it under warranty but then this week said they don't have stock in the UK and need Lotus NZ to source locally.

I am going for the run in service next week and will just ask them to remove the canister for me while I wait for a new one.

On 26/01/2022 at 14:59, Exigo said:

Ok that's life. Tbh the extinguisher adds no value on the road and is quite a nuisance for passengers, it takes up a significant amount leg room so it's quite impractical. For me it really is only the "cool points" of having the kill switches Lol. Because I'm immature!!! ..and I do miss a stereo! The one you get might be cheap but who cares it works. Sometimes when you're just cruising it is nice to play the "outrun" soundtrack or something hahahahah!

Sound deadening I really wouldn't bother with, because my car doesn't have it (apparently, but who knows? I wonder how you tell? maybe my car does actually have it?!) because it is already better for NVH than my old Elise that does have deadening.... But again it makes the car more liveable and it's hardcore credentials are still intact. It's probably a minor thing either way I imagine.

You still have the coolest colour combo of the three of us (sorry Frank!) so it's gonna be fantastic no matter what.

I'm loving my car, just waiting on insurance to sort the windscreen now. Shouldn't be far away.

I've been meaning to get in touch with you two, (so here is a tag @phrankeee too) because the club are in the final stages of organising the Forgotten Highway Run over the dates 18/02/22 to 21/02/22. It's a real shame you're car hasn't arrived in time Jason, but not sure if you have something else you could bring if you were keen?

Frank: Your car will be serviced and ready to go...Would be great to see you there but no pressure and we're all busy and this one is a bit of a time commitment too.

But if either of you are keen go to clublotus.co.nz and there is a membership page. $55 p.a. but well worth it for the community and runs you get to go on which really add to the enjoyment of running these cars. Then probably contact Rich Miles who is organising the run, by the looks of it via facebook, but if you're not a facebooker (like me) DM or txt me and I can put you in touch with him just to confirm and lock your places in.

I'm thinking of driving my car back up to the Republic of AKL to get the windscreen done (and a oil change for fun) the day or two before the run and then come down with the rest of the guys. It will be epic!

• Like 1

@Exigo other than the extinguisher canister issue I am having a blast with the car. It's the first supercharged vehicle I own, and I am loving it. The abundance of torque and linear delivery is kinda the best of both worlds from turbo and NA cars. I often go for casual drives after dinner for an hour just before the sun sets.

@Sam Downey I went on the club Facebook page and had a look, seems like great fun! But unfortunately I don't think I can be away for that many days, so I guess this event might not be for me. I will definitely try to participate in one of the one day club drives in the future 😊.

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement @Sam Downey.  I have my Sliplo splitter protection and a car cover (thanks @Bibs), just no car! The ship it is supposed to be coming over in is currently in Portugal so hasn't even picked up the car yet.  Getting a bit frustrating.

Yeah, I had got my head around the extinguisher and (I agree, only the immature would buy an Exige!) the cool factor but think in practice not having a shortened passenger footwell will be better if I can get the Misses into it for a weekender.  Likewise the sound deadening I probably would have spec'ed if I had the chance just t make it more liveable.  I don't have high hopes for the stereo quality @phrankeeebut yes, it will be good for the longer trips.  Pleased you're loving it.

I could have brought my Golf EV (ha!) on the club run but I have kart racing in Tokoroa with my son that weekend anyway. I  intend to join the club but probably once I get a car. 

@Sam Downeyperhaps you and @phrankeeeand I can hook-up in Auckland when you get your windscreen attended to?

• Like 1

Ok I know what it's like waiting (and also making it worse for yourself with gps tracking the ship. Have you done that yet?! 😂) from when I imported my Elise. So hoping it gets here as soon as possible for you Jason.

Bit of a personal rant for my own entertainment and Elise vs Exige thoughts: 

Today I took the Elise out for the first time since I got the Exige (about 3.5 months ago...oops) I have been a little worried because there are things I thought the Exige doesn't do as well, but after today I think I have it figured out 😂but the bad news (for my bank balance) is that I won't be selling my Elise.

The Elise has better steering feedback. My Elise's steering is heavier than any other Elise I've tried, and it's constantly wriggling and feeding back information from the road. It's only slightly lighter than the Exige but the amount of information coming through the rim is unlike anything else I've ever driven.

I also thought the Exige had a more comfortable ride, but now I've jumped back in the Elise I think it is marginally softer (like a really subtle difference). But the Exige feels more solid. No squeaks or rattles, so it feels like it makes less of a fuss over bumps etc, but the big difference is that it also smothers the road with those big fat tyres (relatively speaking) and it gets down the road with less fuss and drama. You can still feel the road surface, but there is like a layer of numbness you need to get through first. The Elise... is like a go kart, or a mini race car. It is ever so slightly more absorbent of bumps probably, but you feel everything. It dances down the road and it's constantly talking to you; little bump here, crack in the surface there, imperfection in the road surface there... so if you want to just cruise along it is tiring. But if you want a sports car that communicates everything so you know exactly what it going on at the contact patches at all times, then it is incredible. Because of all this you also get more of an impression of speed in the Elise. It feels smaller and more vulnerable on the road too. Driving it like the Exige, it feels a little flat, put your foot down at 3,500 revs and it picks up speed instead of blasting you down the road like the Exige does. But the Exige doesn't rev out to 8,600rpm... Select the right gear, get 4,500 or even 5,000rpm plus on the dial and put your foot down and it pulls very strongly. It's not like the Exige, but it is still comfortably faster than any normal traffic and because the car is such a live wire, you really have to think about putting your foot down in 2nd gear. It has traction control (that loves to allow a good amount of slip) but no ESC. The Exige is more capable and planted, but the Elise is more intense and alive feeling.

The Exige is lovelier: It's newer, all that carbon fibre, the exposed gear shift (even if I prefer the feel of the Elise's tighter, more precise shift) the interior (Lol seriously) the mini supercar looks, the torque of the motor, and the step up in performance. It is way nicer on a long run too. And I'm sure it still has miles better steering and chassis feedback than any other car on the road except for a well setup Elise (or S2 Exige or 2 eleven).

So I love the Exige too, it is also is a 'never to be repeated' type of car, but they both excel at slightly different things, both do certain things better than the other, so I've decided I have to keep both 😂

What a ridiculous, privileged and fortunate position to be in. But it feels really good to have made the decision.

IMG_20220207_141515.jpg

Edited by Sam Downey
actually, let's add a gratuitous pic to that ;)
  • Like 1

On 07/02/2022 at 20:28, Sam Downey said:

Ok I know what it's like waiting (and also making it worse for yourself with gps tracking the ship. Have you done that yet?! 😂) from when I imported my Elise. So hoping it gets here as soon as possible for you Jason.

Bit of a personal rant for my own entertainment and Elise vs Exige thoughts: 

Today I took the Elise out for the first time since I got the Exige (about 3.5 months ago...oops) I have been a little worried because there are things I thought the Exige doesn't do as well, but after today I think I have it figured out 😂but the bad news (for my bank balance) is that I won't be selling my Elise.

The Elise has better steering feedback. My Elise's steering is heavier than any other Elise I've tried, and it's constantly wriggling and feeding back information from the road. It's only slightly lighter than the Exige but the amount of information coming through the rim is unlike anything else I've ever driven.

I also thought the Exige had a more comfortable ride, but now I've jumped back in the Elise I think it is marginally softer (like a really subtle difference). But the Exige feels more solid. No squeaks or rattles, so it feels like it makes less of a fuss over bumps etc, but the big difference is that it also smothers the road with those big fat tyres (relatively speaking) and it gets down the road with less fuss and drama. You can still feel the road surface, but there is like a layer of numbness you need to get through first. The Elise... is like a go kart, or a mini race car. It is ever so slightly more absorbent of bumps probably, but you feel everything. It dances down the road and it's constantly talking to you; little bump here, crack in the surface there, imperfection in the road surface there... so if you want to just cruise along it is tiring. But if you want a sports car that communicates everything so you know exactly what it going on at the contact patches at all times, then it is incredible. Because of all this you also get more of an impression of speed in the Elise. It feels smaller and more vulnerable on the road too. Driving it like the Exige, it feels a little flat, put your foot down at 3,500 revs and it picks up speed instead of blasting you down the road like the Exige does. But the Exige doesn't rev out to 8,600rpm... Select the right gear, get 4,500 or even 5,000rpm plus on the dial and put your foot down and it pulls very strongly. It's not like the Exige, but it is still comfortably faster than any normal traffic and because the car is such a live wire, you really have to think about putting your foot down in 2nd gear. It has traction control (that loves to allow a good amount of slip) but no ESC. The Exige is more capable and planted, but the Elise is more intense and alive feeling.

The Exige is lovelier: It's newer, all that carbon fibre, the exposed gear shift (even if I prefer the feel of the Elise's tighter, more precise shift) the interior (Lol seriously) the mini supercar looks, the torque of the motor, and the step up in performance. It is way nicer on a long run too. And I'm sure it still has miles better steering and chassis feedback than any other car on the road except for a well setup Elise (or S2 Exige or 2 eleven).

So I love the Exige too, it is also is a 'never to be repeated' type of car, but they both excel at slightly different things, both do certain things better than the other, so I've decided I have to keep both 😂

What a ridiculous, privileged and fortunate position to be in. But it feels really good to have made the decision.

IMG_20220207_141515.jpg

Nice write up Sam, how nice that you are able to keep both! And great black and white color combo too!

On 03/02/2022 at 09:10, Exigo said:

Thanks for the encouragement @Sam Downey.  I have my Sliplo splitter protection and a car cover (thanks @Bibs), just no car! The ship it is supposed to be coming over in is currently in Portugal so hasn't even picked up the car yet.  Getting a bit frustrating.

Yeah, I had got my head around the extinguisher and (I agree, only the immature would buy an Exige!) the cool factor but think in practice not having a shortened passenger footwell will be better if I can get the Misses into it for a weekender.  Likewise the sound deadening I probably would have spec'ed if I had the chance just t make it more liveable.  I don't have high hopes for the stereo quality @phrankeeebut yes, it will be good for the longer trips.  Pleased you're loving it.

I could have brought my Golf EV (ha!) on the club run but I have kart racing in Tokoroa with my son that weekend anyway. I  intend to join the club but probably once I get a car. 

@Sam Downeyperhaps you and @phrankeeeand I can hook-up in Auckland when you get your windscreen attended to?

I think our cars are on the same boat, I've sold my S2 Exige S now so its an impatient wait for the 390 ;) Chris has been a bit vague about delivery timeframes but I believe Mid-March is the plan.

Btw its hilarious how us Exige Final Edition owners have taken over the forums! Good to see some opinions and write ups on the ownership experience. I'll do some write ups as well and compare to my S2 Exige.

@phrankeee and I have already been out on a drive together (me in the 147 GTA until my Exige arrives) with many more to come I think! @Exigo are you in Auckland? You should join us sometime

Edited by lueysgarage
  • Like 1

Hi Luan!

Yeah I think this forum is an amazing resource. I'd love to see more of the CLNZ crew use the forum from time to time.

So you are the guy that had the white Exige with blue stripes? I saw your youtube video and see your car in the CLNZ calendar. That looked a fantastic car.

So what is the spec of your 390?

Have you driven an S3 Exige before? It is a special thing.

It sounds like yours and Jason's must be some of the final cars to be finished. That's pretty cool.

Hi Luan,

Thanks for the addition to the FB group (Sam I'll keep you posted on any news out of there). I agree with Sam that it would be good to get this forum a bit more active.

Sam, Luan has suggested a group order for exhaust buttons on FB and I recall you being keen on a bit more noise for cruising the streets?

This is apparently the ship our cars are coming on Luan...

image.thumb.png.fe1df53f8aef072b7e9f201f165366d1.png

...but it is currently located here... Antwerp!

IMG_0691.PNG.04c28b4e38a335d7d9d9b2a0a1a3a0c6.PNG

So I'm thinking end of March earliest for arrival.  I'm not sure I can wait that long...

What are the specs on your car Luan?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

Hi Luan!

Yeah I think this forum is an amazing resource. I'd love to see more of the CLNZ crew use the forum from time to time.

So you are the guy that had the white Exige with blue stripes? I saw your youtube video and see your car in the CLNZ calendar. That looked a fantastic car.

So what is the spec of your 390?

Have you driven an S3 Exige before? It is a special thing.

It sounds like yours and Jason's must be some of the final cars to be finished. That's pretty cool.

Hi Sam, yes I've heard about your endeavours through talking to Chris and Frank recently. I did own the white and blue Exige and have a bunch more videos to upload on that car. I put a huge amount of work into it thinking I would be keeping it but then Chris twisted my rubber arm into a new Exige 390 FE 😂

My car is burnt orange colour with the black pack originally specced by the Hong Kong Lotus dealer. Custom bespoke stitching in the interior apparently. Stereo with speakers and that's pretty much it. That's kind of the way I wanted the car though because I really like upgrading and buying things for my cars so I'd prefer to pick and choose later on what I do. 390 suits me really well as I'm mostly going to use it on the road with an occassional track day here and there. I can always buy some nice carbon bits and some performance upgrades later to bring it up to a 420/430 level of looks and performance.

I have not driven or even been in a ride in any S3 - Elise or Exige, I prefer to have that experience once the car is in my possession. If the S2 Exige was anything to go by I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Yes mine was one of the last ones to get built, I couldn't refuse the opportunity since the Emira and Lotus in general are heading in a completely different direction now and definitely not as raw or extreme in the future to appeal to more of a mass market. The Exige is amazing value in my opinion as you simply can't get that experience from any new car these days and for something else to even come close you're looking at many hundreds of thousands dollars more. Last chance to buy a true icon of motoring history...guess that's why its called the Final Edition!

2 minutes ago, Exigo said:

Hi Luan,

Thanks for the addition to the FB group (Sam I'll keep you posted on any news out of there). I agree with Sam that it would be good to get this forum a bit more active.

Sam, Luan has suggested a group order for exhaust buttons on FB and I recall you being keen on a bit more noise for cruising the streets?

This is apparently the ship our cars are coming on Luan...

image.thumb.png.fe1df53f8aef072b7e9f201f165366d1.png

...but it is currently located here... Antwerp!

IMG_0691.PNG.04c28b4e38a335d7d9d9b2a0a1a3a0c6.PNG

So I'm thinking end of March earliest for arrival.  I'm not sure I can wait that long...

What are the specs on your car Luan?

Keen to do a group buy, there are some other bits that I'd like to purchase as well right off the bat, maybe we should setup a list of things we want and share the shipping costs.

End of March is a long wait...but I think it'll be worth it!

Edited by lueysgarage

@lueysgarage Awesome! It's funny, I'm very happy with the spec of my car but every time I hear about someone else's I'm still envious! I don't think there was a bad colour option on the FEs so you really can't go wrong. I also think that bold colours work best for this car. When I was daydreaming about speccing one back in March 2021 (when it wasn't a realistic proposition) my dream spec was a 390 in Flat Red, stereo blanking plate, floor mats but no carpets or sound deadening and that was it. I ended up with something quite different but I'm very happy. I've never been a carbon fibre fetishist previously but this car might have converted me. It does look gorgeous.

If you're thinking of modifying in the future the 390 is definitely the best starting point. It has the important hardware (as in the chargecooler) so you could tickle it up to around 475hp with little effort and then change suspension and styling to suit. If you wanted much more than that (more than 430bhp/tonne?! Lol) then it starts getting more serious no matter what your starting point I think.

I also completely agree with your sentiments and justification for purchase as that was exactly the same for me. As great as the Emira looks once it was shown I realised that if I was going to buy another "dream car" it had to be an Exige FE so was now or never if I wanted a new one.

So you are currently without a Lotus? Are you coming on the Forgotten Highway trip though? Could bring the GTA maybe! :)

@Exigo When you say "you're not sure you can wait that long" you don't mean you're thinking of cancelling the order do you? And thanks for keeping an eye out for things on facebook for me :)

I'd definitely be keen for the little button for the exhaust but bare a couple of things in mind guys: 

1. Lotus Auckland service looked into it for me and said they couldn't fit it without it impacting the warranty and therefore they simply can't do it. So I'll buy the button as I think it's only around $60 anyway but I'll simply be hanging on to it until the warranty is out in case parts supply dries up for certain things. I won't be messing with it for the time being.

2. There is no guarantee the button will work unless you test this first, which I haven't done. Your car may lack the required wiring in the steering column or the ECU might not be compatible either. It sounds like it is pot luck on which cars it works for and which it doesn't. 

I'd also be keen on the little rubber grommets and roof spars for a soft top conversion. They don't cost much but the soft top itself is around $3k or something and also on backorder anyway plus i can't afford that right now anyway (and already have my Elise soft top). I haven't asked Lotus Auckland if they'd do this yet and if there are warranty implications. Other dealers around the world are doing it but that is no guarantee on what terms or restrictions our local guys might be bound to.   

14 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

@lueysgarage Awesome! It's funny, I'm very happy with the spec of my car but every time I hear about someone else's I'm still envious! I don't think there was a bad colour option on the FEs so you really can't go wrong. I also think that bold colours work best for this car. When I was daydreaming about speccing one back in March 2021 (when it wasn't a realistic proposition) my dream spec was a 390 in Flat Red, stereo blanking plate, floor mats but no carpets or sound deadening and that was it. I ended up with something quite different but I'm very happy. I've never been a carbon fibre fetishist previously but this car might have converted me. It does look gorgeous.

If you're thinking of modifying in the future the 390 is definitely the best starting point. It has the important hardware (as in the chargecooler) so you could tickle it up to around 475hp with little effort and then change suspension and styling to suit. If you wanted much more than that (more than 430bhp/tonne?! Lol) then it starts getting more serious no matter what your starting point I think.

I also completely agree with your sentiments and justification for purchase as that was exactly the same for me. As great as the Emira looks once it was shown I realised that if I was going to buy another "dream car" it had to be an Exige FE so was now or never if I wanted a new one.

So you are currently without a Lotus? Are you coming on the Forgotten Highway trip though? Could bring the GTA maybe! :)

@Exigo When you say "you're not sure you can wait that long" you don't mean you're thinking of cancelling the order do you? And thanks for keeping an eye out for things on facebook for me :)

I'd definitely be keen for the little button for the exhaust but bare a couple of things in mind guys: 

1. Lotus Auckland service looked into it for me and said they couldn't fit it without it impacting the warranty and therefore they simply can't do it. So I'll buy the button as I think it's only around $60 anyway but I'll simply be hanging on to it until the warranty is out in case parts supply dries up for certain things. I won't be messing with it for the time being.

2. There is no guarantee the button will work unless you test this first, which I haven't done. Your car may lack the required wiring in the steering column or the ECU might not be compatible either. It sounds like it is pot luck on which cars it works for and which it doesn't. 

I'd also be keen on the little rubber grommets and roof spars for a soft top conversion. They don't cost much but the soft top itself is around $3k or something and also on backorder anyway plus i can't afford that right now anyway (and already have my Elise soft top). I haven't asked Lotus Auckland if they'd do this yet and if there are warranty implications. Other dealers around the world are doing it but that is no guarantee on what terms or restrictions our local guys might be bound to.   

Mine also only comes with the floor mats and only basic insulation but that's exactly what I wanted. That's the spirit of the Elise/Exige to be as basic and uncompromising as possible while still being road legal. I can drive my GTA or Mercedes wagon if I want luxury and comfort haha! Stereo is important though as I do find it weird not having music in the car especially when I have passengers, even though my S2 Exige the stereo was only really audible when you're sitting still in traffic, still important to have.

I'm very keen to look into the Komotec EX475 or EX490 kits in the future as a starting point for mods. Suspension I'll probably leave stock as I found the stock suspension in the S2 Exige to be good enough for me. But will probably upgrade the Michelin PS4 to PS4S or something even more grippy in the future. I've got the PS4 on my GTA and can't imagine how its good enough for the 390 even on the street!

No Lotus in the garage for me currently, just an empty space with a Lotus flag on the wall 😥 but that's ok not too long to wait. I'm not coming on the Forgotten Highway Trip unfortunately, timing is not good for me and the lack of a Lotus definitely dulls the motivation haha, but certainly when they do the trip next time I'll be keen.

Yes you're right about the warranty issues, I'll need to check with Chris. Luckily the parts are cheap so if its a warranty issue then keep the parts till its out of warranty then go wild! With the exhaust button its really easy to check if it works or not without using the button. I'm 99.9% sure that all of our cars came with the wiring at least though, Lotus usually puts everything in the cars and the options are just a matter of putting in the required buttons and turning them on in the computer if its not already on. I've also got a cruise control stalk ready to go in and see if I can get cruise control working on my car.

Has everyone already bought the SlipLo? I'm looking into ordering that if anyone wants to do a group buy for that one https://sliplo.shop/collections/shop/products/diy-kit

Edited by lueysgarage

Mine has supposedly no sound deadening and only floor mats and it's more refined and quiet than my '06 111R that has sound deadening and carpet. You are right though, not even having a simple cheap stereo is weird. I miss my tunes so need to get on to a stealth stereo of some sort.

I thought the 390 came with P4S anyway?

I haven't got a sliplo, but I've grounded the front spoiler twice already, luckily not badly and the ppf took the brunt of it. But it's a good idea and I think Jason got one ready for his car.

5 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

Mine has supposedly no sound deadening and only floor mats and it's more refined and quiet than my '06 111R that has sound deadening and carpet. You are right though, not even having a simple cheap stereo is weird. I miss my tunes so need to get on to a stealth stereo of some sort.

I thought the 390 came with P4S anyway?

I haven't got a sliplo, but I've grounded the front spoiler twice already, luckily not badly and the ppf took the brunt of it. But it's a good idea and I think Jason got one ready for his car.

I think you can potentially wire it under the dash above the passenger footwell, plenty of room up there and just extend the stereo wiring harness.

390 comes with PS4...there's a lot of confusion around this as lots of journalists have said PS4S because people just get confused and Michelin need to do better to make their tyres easier to distingush! But yeah I've checked all the photos and videos, every 390 I've seen has PS4 not PS4S. Probably a perfectly adequate tyre but I do tend to push my cars pretty hard so it'll be interesting to see if it offers enough grip for the Exige...

The items I'm considering buying are the exhaust valve button, SlipLo, a fire extinguisher bracket that mounts to the passenger seat bolts, cup holder, and the Lotus branded thermal bottle that slots into the trinket tray. I do want to get the Aerie performance carbon mirrors and a few other carbon bits eventually, but shipping and tax are a killer so I might wait until I can have a holiday in Hong Kong before purchasing any of those. If anyone is interested in any of those just message me and I can sort out a group buy.

Oh excellent! That's good to know.

Yeah i saw an email about that event, would have been cool I'm sure. Lovely Elan M100 (and a 60's one maybe also in yellow? cannot tell) a modern Europa! That's rare. Plus I see some of the usual suspects there also! Awesome.

I'm hitting the road tomorrow morning and will drop my car off at McLaren's on Tuesday morning.

Looking forward to catching up with the team and meeting some new people also, next weekend.