Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2020 Track days - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2020 Track days

C8RKH

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Drive it there and back!  😎

• Love 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 months later...

Managed to self isolate in my lovely Type 116 today on the track.  They really are wonderful cars.  My car had not been touched since being put away for the winter in late September.

She started first time, on the button, literally, lol.  We went to the track. We zoomed and va va voomed 90 litres of super unleaded without her missing a single beat!  Now that really is bloody impressive in my book.

I saw a "grandfather" car and his "son" - a right pair of matching Lotus beauties separated by almost 50 years!

1683419208_Green3117.thumb.jpg.d94f8a105f371effa10466507b7ea6b5.jpg

And I enjoyed seeing this beast on the track.  It has given me a lot of ideas as to what to do with the exterior of my Fire Red Evora 410 sport...  Some monies are going to be spent...  So, self isolation can be fun. Huge fun!

629409327_Senna1.thumb.jpg.c8df40cbf0843fd00f556d58e90c881c.jpg

senna 2.jpg

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have a few booked over the next 2 months but I am 100% certain they will be cancelled Eldon.  

The small print.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

So just got in two track days before the "lockdowns" started to bite again. A type 116 (Vx220 to those in the know). 4 days. 900 miles commuting to/between the tracks then home and two full days on track. Both new tracks to me, Oulton Park on Tuesday in the wet, and Cadwell Park on the Wednesday that was cold and damp at the start and dried quickly.

The lego plastic shit box did not miss a single beat.  They really are superb cars and so cheap to buy, run and upgrade.  Talking to some ex racers at Cadwell they were saying the VX is better on the track than the Exige, and when supercharged, as good as, if not better, than the 250 CUP.  Lol, now that's gonna stir some debate though I have to admit in the £40k price difference does not make a difference on track, the only difference would be the driver...

Anyway, great way to end a somewhat strange year.

• Like 2

The small print.

I've got a few laps coming taken by an ex racer who followed me closely for a few laps to help me with my lines at Cadwell. I ain't no driving god, I just drive to my limit for pure fun 

Also I said Exige above but meant Elise and can't edit the post now.

The small print.