Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Ears - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Ears

karluk29

well what do you think of the new ears lol, still cant see the passenger mirror

but i can behind behind from the drivers mirror, really weird this shiny reflective glass stuff LOL.

(have a very subtle led strip flush fitted aswell, which now gives my car side repeaters, OMG

thats like nearly being legal, MMMmmmm scary though)

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'd look better on a motorbike...but if YOU'RE happy, that's all that counts!

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Sorry Karl, I have to say they dont look to hot, not from that picture anyway, they

may look better close up, but as i always say its your motor and your project

everyone has different veiws! they do look a bit like the ones you put on for

towing caravans though!

regards danny

A

Sorry Karl I don't like them either :welcome: . I'm a bit concerned they might be a bit of a vandal magnet as well, just look how much leverage you've got on those stalks I bet you could rip them off the car with no bother if you were that way inclined which unfortunately some people are.

Martyn :wallbash:

Sorry Karl,

looks like you added a set of Shrek ears to you car. As said above they would suit a motor bike. I would change them :wallbash:

Edited by Alex --GT3--

wicked you all hate them, so they must be ok.

i will pass on your thought to the bloke im meeting in a zonda in a couple of weeks for a hoon and the zonda mirrors stick out really far LOL

the others i couldnt even see out of, at least these i can see behind me, and as for

there are other out there, can someone show me some please, at not a stupid price or need loads of body work to fit them. i wasnt sure at first but they have grown on me alot.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

priced them matey, around a grand and i cant remember if that was each, there to big for a lotus though and the price to fit is insane, was having elise but cant be arsed with the hassle

http://digilander.libero.it/Logiko2031/Pag...7.3%20-%205.jpg

^^^^^did look into that,,,the best mirrors ever

sorry si i looked into diablo, gallardo look very much like standard but mounting would be a big big issue. i say feel the love for the racing look lol

Edited by karluk29

Not keen on those particular ones.

There are nicer bike mirrors than that which would do the job and look a bit better. Go for some ducatti ones then at least you get a bit of italian on it somewhere??

Have a wander round a decent bike dealer to see what they have maybe.

good idea though.

cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Woooo Alan, inviting Karl into a bike shop is liking letting a bull loose in a china shop!

You know what Karl thinks of bikes.

Anyway, Karl has big balls. He isn't going to be swayed by what we all think. He likes those mirrors so that's good enough. If too many people say they like 'em Karl will start to think he's conforming and that'll be big trouble.

I agree some Ducati/Benelli Italian exotica might look better. I've just had the Demon Tweaks bike catalogue delivered Karl. That'll have loads of bike mirrors in it. Want it posting on to you?

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

i did think bike mirrors i will agree, BUT then there bike mirrors, if ya get what i mean. these are actually car racing mirrors, and if i did the bike option, im sure you guys and others would go, "oh there oh a bike", cant win lol.

but you do have an idea about the bike shop,,,,sledgehammer,,,,bike shop,,,,can get the "things" at the source

thats genius!!!!