Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hangar 111 Komo-tec 390 upgrade - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hangar 111 Komo-tec 390 upgrade

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car wasn't entirely stock when I got it as it already had a full performance aftermarket exhaust system (including headers and cat). I've also ended up somewhere between the 390 and 430 setup as currently have the 390 kit but also with the full CF airbox. So essentially the 430 kit without the smaller supercharger pulley (but with the 390 map) - estimate this is circa 400bhp.

The performance increase was certainly noticeable and so far not experienced any negatives or excess heat etc.

Noise wise it's hard to compare as my old exhaust system sounded great but was far too loud. The komotek switchable system is much better for neighbours and can actually be used on track. I think the 2bula setup still sounds nicer though.

Biggest change on the sound front was that supercharger whine now very much dominates on the interior. This could be down to the carbon airbox though so if you stick with the stock airbox and k&n that come with the 390 kit this may not be so noticeable.

Which brings me to my final point. Given a lot of the cost with each upgrade is the mapping and testing each time, it's worth considering whether you just go for the 410 or 430 setup from day 1.