Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Zoom Airlines - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Zoom Airlines

Katie

I am just wondering if anyone has flown with ZOOM Airlines. If you have, I'd be interested to hear your experiences. Their destinations from the UK seem to extensively cover Canada, of which I need to travel to two of their listed cities.

Is anyone able to comment on the differences between Economy and Premium Economy? Financially, the mark-up is quite low. Thanks!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've used 'em quite a bit (we do our skiing/falling over in Canada). The small extra price you pay to enjoy the Premium service is well worth it. There's not really any extra leg room, but you get a wider seat (which means your seating space is a larger area) and a goodie bag full of 'travel stuff'. The drinks are complimentary, the cabin is smaller and you also get to jump the queue at check-in.

Don't think it's a First Class or Business Class service, nowhere near. It's just a bit nicer than being bundled into the back with all the smelly people. :(

I am just wondering if anyone has flown with ZOOM Airlines. If you have, I'd be interested to hear your experiences. Their destinations from the UK seem to extensively cover Canada, of which I need to travel to two of their listed cities.

Is anyone able to comment on the differences between Economy and Premium Economy? Financially, the mark-up is quite low. Thanks!

IIRC they are run by two scottish brothers who formed it in the early naughties. Nothing bad to say about them or their airline.

We used them in 2005 From Manchester to Toronto. No problems, although the only source of in-flight friction/entertainment I saw was between a Quebecoise steward with a sense of humour bypass (Qu'elle surprise!) and an extended family of straight out of 'Shameless'. Neither side spoke english very well. Jolly entertaining it was, for the first hour at least. We much prefer Globespan/Transat though, and Air Canada when the cheapies are available.

We didn't see the need for the premium as the kids wouldn't appreciate the larger seats or the drinks ;-)

Edited by RichardS3

we just call them cattle class

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Katie, I flew Zoom to the UK last October to attend the meet at the Lotus factory and had a good experience with them. ;)

The plane (737) was clean and in good shape, standard configuration (not Chinese with no legroom) the cabin staff were mostly courteous and friendly, food was edible, they showed two movies , and finally the ticket price was the lowest.

I would definately fly with them again. :yes

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Thanks so much to everyone for replying. I have to go to Calgary and Toronto, this airline's prices are incredible compared to BA. Even flying at peak season time, ZOOM is cheaper than other airline's out of season prices. Well worth a look!

Wow Wayne, amazing you travelled all that way to attend the Lotus day at the factory!

Hi Katie, actually fellow Canadian forum member robcun flew to the meet from Vancouver BC so he had roughly twice the distance in the journey than I did.

Does that mean he is twice as crazy as me? :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Doesn't just being Canuck make us all equally crazy??

:)

Hi Katie, actually fellow Canadian forum member robcun flew to the meet from Vancouver BC so he had roughly twice the distance in the journey than I did.

Does that mean he is twice as crazy as me? :)

Yes!!!