Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
how to undo right lever arm from cross shaft, latest type endcasing? - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

how to undo right lever arm from cross shaft, latest type endcasing?

Hello everyone,

I acquired an old latest type gearcase endhousing. Through that is the cross shaft which have one cable connector welded on to it's left side, and the other cable connector pressed on to the right side and secured with two roll pins.

I have removed the two toll pins and am now struggling with getting the right side bracket off, Lever arm cross shaft, part no, A082F4179F in 1996-2004 parts list.

I have tried a puller with long extensions to no avail. Is there anything extra that I have to remove, or is it just really stuck on, possibly rusted or maybe conical?

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finally got the bracket off, by means of acetone/atf mic plus a very big puller plus a induction heater. It came loose little by little with a knacking sound and moving a tiny bit. Rust alone did that.

Moving on to the next phase.

Cheers,

jacques

Sorry jacques I only just saw this post

i had real trouble with it and ended up taking it to a friend with an Oxy acetaline set up and he heated it up nearly glowing 

As A result I changed both the seals in the cover as I thought they might have been damaged with the heat

Thanks. Did you have to undo the spring inside and the collets and pull the cross shaft axle out to be able to renew the seals?

Kind regards,

jacques

Hi Jaques, yes I took the complete shaft out as I had to have a small crack welded.   I made a kind of 2 pronged fork out of aluminium that looked like a snakes tongue and used that to pull the spring back and remove the collets.

the big seal on the right side was from a clio / espace and the one on the left I ordered from France as it’s a funny size 4.5mm depth .  I had to buy 5 so if you need one Drop me your address and I’ll stick one in the post 

my bellies and collets were re used 

This is the larger seal from the right side 

F84A5F4D-A8C5-46E5-8972-43ADCD27D465.png