Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
250 Cup Wheels - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

250 Cup Wheels

On 02/06/2020 at 20:43, Composite guru said:

Not from what I’ve been told. 
Matt Bentley Racing fits them to S2 Exige & Elise Cups. They said they are fine. 

MBR said they haven't tried the 235/205 setup yet...

5 hours ago, LotusCup said:

Running a 205/45/16 front tyre has been done LOTS of times by many people (Everyone who ran Toyo R1R tyres for a start)

Lotus used the AD08 205/45/16 and 225/40/17 on the Elise cup 260. Using the same 7x16 / 8x17 wheels  and body work as the regular 250 cup.

So yes they will fit and work

Edited by Seriouslylotus

5 hours ago, LotusCup said:

Apologies, I meant the 205 fronts. 

18 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Running a 205/45/16 front tyre has been done LOTS of times by many people (Everyone who ran Toyo R1R tyres for a start)

Lotus used the AD08 205/45/16 and 225/40/17 on the Elise cup 260. Using the same 7x16 / 8x17 wheels  and body work as the regular 250 cup.

It says in this that the rear tyres on the 260 were 235/40/17. 
https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/elise-cup-260/

Edited by Composite guru

Post again as i cant edit my post, meant to say 235 not 225

Lotus used the AD08 205/45/16 and 235/40/17 on the Elise cup 260. Using the same 7x16 / 8x17 wheels  and body work as the regular 250 cup.

35 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Post again as i cant edit my post, meant to say 235 not 225

Lotus used the AD08 205/45/16 and 235/40/17 on the Elise cup 260. Using the same 7x16 / 8x17 wheels  and body work as the regular 250 cup.

Great! But I'll try with the Toyo R888R tires... I heard it has a "beefier" sidewall than the AD08s..

• 8 months later...

I was on the understanding that the 260's tyre width was only relevant and working, when the car is at full chat creating its extra downforce making the tyres work hard and without the downforce the extra tyre width didn't make a difference else where. 

I have two sets in the garage, one from an Elise 260Cup another set from a spare set from lotus both running 205 f 235 r. Both running r888r. 

Both run fine on Elise 260Cup and Exige Cup260, can’t see a reason they would be any different on another S2 Exige or S2/S3 Elise 

I ran a set of the Cup250 Ultralights on my Sport 220 and will be keeping them as spares for my Cup250FE when it arrives.
My spare set came from Rimstock, as they don't have the "LOTUS" etching on the rim.

Might get them refurbed in Anthracite to use as I'm not a fan of black wheels.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I’m redoing a set in Hi Power silver ( also not a fan of black) other set are in bronze - the wheels really suit lighter colours as the milled spokes can actually be seen

The standard offering on Cup25FE is diamond cut! 🤮

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I know, strange really, the 430 is the same (thankfully you can spec normal wheels). Seems strange and a few years behind the fashion. 
I can’t stand diamond cut, the m5 has them as factory fit but I’d much prefer just silver. Might get a spare set redone