Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Back on the Track in the US - Trackdays - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Back on the Track in the US

EldonZ

My wife and I made it back on track this week at Roebling Road in South Carolina. It was also the first time I got to drive the "New" toy.

1932118449_ChloeandMaze.thumb.jpg.1bd59e19f5ccfdd94fa15e945e07397b.jpg

The wife drives the S260 FE and the new toy is the V6 Cup-R. The S260 has been heavily modified to be a serious track toy. Of course, Lotus built the Cup-R has a serious track toy. The Cup-R's suspension has been totally rebuilt with spherical bearins, sway bars and drop spindles.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 2

@Bibs

I have managed to tune the S260 to where it will drift the rear and not snap spin any more. The S260 is now easy to push it to the limits. The car is basically neutral so it will accept throttle at the apex and keep rotating without any understeer. The S260 has spherical bearings, rear toe link in double shear and adjusted to eliminate bump steer and a bigger front sway bar. The Ohlins have been revalved and use a piston to eliminate crosstalk between the compression and rebound settings. I run 525# springs in the front and 750# springs in the rear. Camber is around -2.7 all the way around. About 1/16" toe out in the front and 3/16" toe out in the rear. Those are total toe values. There are also drop ball joints in the front so the car can be lowered to 110/120mm ride heights.

The Cup-R has had all the bushings replaced with spherical bearings. I have installed EliseParts 40mm drop spindles. With these spindles, I have lowered the car to 105/115. I cannot go much lower at this time because the front tires will start rubbing the outside fender lip while turning. I've got the capability to adjust bump steer, front and rear, but have not done that yet. I have EliseParts upgraded front and rear sway bars. The camber and toe setting are the same as the S260. Since it was the first time out in the car, I was not pushing it to the limit. The data showed me spiking lateral Gs to 1.5 and maintaining around 1 G through the corners. Braking was spiking to 1.2 Gs. I was also driving a track that I hadn't been on for 5 years and then only once. So, I was not to eager to find the limits at this track.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1