Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oil pick up pipe removal - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oil pick up pipe removal

Neanto777

hi , im new to this forum so, forgive me if this has been re-posted again.
i have a 1990 Lotus Esprit SE and im planning to replace my old oil pick up pipe.

my issue is : do i have to un-tight all the main bearing block nuts or just the one that is holding the pick up pipe?

thank you

Edited by Neanto777

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I not sure, but if the engine is out and on the stand then I would slacken them all off. Then your totally safe. Your not disturbing anything that lies beneath so just re-torque once done.  If it’s out it’s a good time to check rods and mains.

please remember to install a new plastic olive before you close everything up topside. Failure to do so will result in low oil pressure and or starvation.