Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Door fitting to door seals question? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Door fitting to door seals question?

I seem to have an issue with the door seals on my Elise S3  220 windows. The window to seal contact appears pretty poor.

Water enters the car when washing down the windows (leading edge) and even at times when driving in heavy rain at motorway speeds. Wind noise is also and issue.

I was comparing the seal contact on another 220 the other day and I could see the rubber was visibly in contact with the window whereas mine doesn't seem to be. Is this normal for a Lotus and I have to live with it or a 'build' issue that needs adjustment?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was the same from new but I never used it in the wet and it was always garaged. 

Last week I left it out in the rain and it leaked so I decided to have a look at it. I adjusted the window frame screws at the bottom of both doors. There's a front and back screw, screw in or clockwise to tighted the window to the seal. I screwed mine in a half turn at a time and checked the tightness to the seal by closing the door on a thin strip of cloth and pulling out when the door was closed. I think I finished with the screws in about 3 to 4 turns in. 

It's definitely better and now doesn't leak in the rain but will if I spray water at the window. I also think the wind noise is reduced a little. Be careful though as the screws can hit the door skin and crack it.........apparently!