Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boo ! - Anyone Remember Me ? - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Boo ! - Anyone Remember Me ?

dmckenna

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mad Dave!!!!

:thumbsup::clap::)

How are you dude? Long time no hear from you? I think we've got the chap who bought your GT3 on here somewhere matey.

You getting another one? Gonna give any F1 drivers more grief with a yellow rocket? :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

haha - still waiting for the new one to come out mate. Things are good though - baby on way - now got an audi estate !

Owen !!! - How is she ?? - I still miss her loads - how long you had her ? tell me more....

Hi,

I've owned her for about two month, bought her from a guy in banbury. Don't know if you were the first owner or not, but I'm now the seventh! So a lot of people owned it for only a short while. Have to say it's had some neglect with previous owners, and some real cowboys done some work on her! :crybaby: From now on though the car is in capable hands. I'm an ex motor technician/engineer and have worked on Lotuses before as well as countless other top marques. I do all my own work, and if I can't I know someone who can and who does a good job, so no more cowboy work. :thumbsup:

In my two months I've done loads of small jobs that have greatly improved the car, also given it a good t-cut and several polishes since owning it. I've checked out your webpage with all the images of the car, another member pointed me in to your site. The car drives lovely and I'm now quite settled with it, haven't had it as fast as you have! ref: website photo :clap: I got the car because I liked the colour and interior combination, and I love the V8 wheels. I plan to have the car and wheels completely resprayed in a few years time, I have a friend who works in a Merc garage, also an ex Lotus sprayer said he would love to paint it. I will get the wheel sent away and refurbished at the same time. Might even fit the arch extensions.

The car is back in it's home county, I liive in Norwich.

Owen.

Here some images.

dscf8777hs3.th.jpgdscf8761zr0.th.jpggt3ra8.th.jpggt301kk5.th.jpgdscf8790ez4.th.jpgdscf8778rc8.th.jpg

dscf90601mu3.th.jpgflamingesprit01hv6.th.pngdscf90661eh2.th.jpgdscf90551bk5.th.jpg

Edited by OwenGT3

Jobs so far I've done in two months :thumbsup:

Indicator lenses, fitted new lenses

Rear number plate lights cleaned and fixed, one not working

Spray rear quarter window front edge black trim black, sun fade

Refitted rear spoiler, bolts missing and water leaking in

Refitted rear tailgate drain tubes, leaking water

Drivers door interior light switch not working, fixed connection

Drivers dash pod, heater demister tube come away from duct, refitted tube

Clock and boost gauge in wrong position, changed back to correct location

Fitted new headlight switch, worn image on button

Repaired sidelight switch, worn image on button

Re-glued material trim on o/s A pillar trim, material coming away

Repaired headlight secure fittings, rivets missing and light retaining rings re-secured with screws

Repaired headlight pod motor raiser arms, modified to assist when wear appears in rods

Radio aerial loose, tightened up retaining nut

Add foil kick strips to sill doorsteps

Replace missing screw in door panels, also make all screws match

Replace door speaks with Sony 8

That's my baby !!! - I can remember the smell of that engine bay now !!! - Glad to hear she's in good hands and back in the home county too !

She looks great Owen, there were quite a few of owners before I that only kept her for a few months at a time - I had her for about 3 years and had some fantastic fun during that time - she's got to be 10 years old now - wowow ! Are you still running the famed #11 chip ? It went through two turbos but was good (and fast) fun.

Here's a pic of her with the old wheels on - the plane couldn't keep up and then had to cheat with the afterburners - unfair !!

http://www.davidmckenna.co.uk/Davids/Car%2...t3%20vulcan.jpg

Crikey !!! - What a list - There was probably a few of those things that I knew about (like the light switch image and some loose wires) - I though the guy you bought it off was in the trade and knew what he was doing !! - Overspray, clock/boost gauges swapped around - OMG - Just glad she's in good hands now - looks like yet another manifold has been required - I read your post - what a hole !!

D

Hi,

I think it still has the chip, also race injectors now. If you look here:

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=11149

You can see the latest job I've just done.

The cars also gonna feature in a DVD. I make automotive video's documentaries, and will soon have a website up and running promoting this service. My car along with some friends and who ever else wants to be featured will be in it. I will post the link once it's up and running.

My love affair with Lotus and the Esprit started at a young age! Me age 13.

jb02id8.th.jpgjb03ha7.th.jpgjb01pg5.th.jpgjb04mv5.th.jpgchapman04cv0.th.jpgchapman03tu5.th.jpg

Owen.