Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 - help needed - removing air con vents on top of dash - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 - help needed - removing air con vents on top of dash

Hello everyone,

My Evora 400 has a nearly constant annoying squeaking/creaking coming from the two vents at the top center of the dashboard.  I have looked at the Deroure diagrams (the 400 vents are different than the earlier Evoras), tried shimming the vents with thin paper then thicker rubber and neither attenuated it at all.  The only thing that seems to help is downward finger pressure on the squarish portion behind the round rotating vents.  I have pushed, pulled, twisted, etc and there seems to be nothing that will pop them off.  The screws shown in the Deroure diagram are covered by the plastic round bezel so I can't simply unscrew them.

Any tips would be very much appreciated!  Thank you!!

• 4 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When I got my 400 new in 2018, one of my first warranty issues was to resolve a creaking/rattle coming from the drivers side air vent.

Silverstone took the original one out and replaced with a new one and reported back that a piece of plastic had broken near the fixing point and that it was probably over tightened during assembly at the factory.

Apparently it wasn't difficult to remove and could be a similar issue.

1 minute ago, Simon Bateman said:

Apparently it wasn't difficult to remove and could be a similar issue.

I think that what they want to know is "how to remove it" as opposed to how difficult it was,

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I think that what they want to know is "how to remove it" as opposed to how difficult it was,

I realise that, but just wanted to clarify the issue I had and that it required a replacement rather than shimming etc.  I'm sure Ben at Silverstone would be able to explain the removal process.

I had an issue with the right hand vent. They are Ford Fiesta 09-14 S-Max Mondeo MK4... apparently.

this video is only a start as the 4XX has another ring which isn’t  flexible 

there are three

• Thanks 1

OK I'm first to admit the method used in the video wont work with an EVORA.

The Issue is the way the ones in the EVORA and made is the clips are not accessible with a tool.

However if you can twist the inner ally ring they should come out, however you cannot get any purchase on the ring, some pictures.

The first and second picture is the index slot, The last picture is the inner "ally" ring I refer to.

20210325_184947.thumb.jpg.0ed01b1c0c44bf9a38ddc74d07948eb6.jpg20210325_185221.thumb.jpg.0a3f327c065d0eed079b0574044530ce.jpg20210325_184624.thumb.jpg.5febbf9ee64dbd48385db5767702258a.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you painting them then damaging the plastic ring isn't an issue as it can be repaired.

A suggestion is three stiff thing probes to probes, like long very thick feeler gauges, to push the tanks in to pull it all out together

Found a solution that doesn't require removing them. As the vents are shared with Fiesta Mk7, the ford boys already have a load of these aftermarket vent ring gel decals in every colour and finish you could wish for. Very pleased with them now.

IMG_20220623_204709.thumb.jpg.d199c843a6b3ba58e6b6972e34613075.jpgIMG_20220623_205302.thumb.jpg.2e348039183f11121a90aaf6a8f5f488.jpgIMG_20220623_210429.thumb.jpg.d5985e35a178742c38812ffd04a7fc72.jpg

• Like 2