Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
new project - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

new project

biggee

Hi , is been a while , 

I was a member a few years ago , big gee i think . I had at this time a bit of money , a bit of storage , a lot of enthusiasm and absolutely no time . I thought that all of the lotus.s needed rescuing and amassed a collection 6 . A late k reg excel . an ecalt s2 an eclat s1 , an elite s1 , an ecat excel , and of course the legenary blue abortion convertable .All which were sold ( or given away , by todays prices )  I find myself now with not much money , but lots of time and storage . I visited mike taylor at lotus bits to try and rebuy the s2 i sold him 3 years ago but unfortuneatly it has been broken and stripped . He was honest and very accomadating . Interested in in an elite or eclat thats going cheap so I can get back in the game , kind regards Lee 

Welcome back to the fold. 

It seems Ebay's been a hive of activity in the last couple of months. What's amazed me is that even non running basket cases with no guarantee you have everything are fetching money not far short of what you can get a rough looking runner for. 

Good luck with your search. 

Tony 

• 2 weeks later...

Lee,

Are you still looking for an S2 Elite, if you are define cheap, are you after a basket case or something a bit more., less to do.

PM  me if you are.

John

Hi Lee,

I could be interested if you have an S2 Elite for sale. Would you contact me on    howardrcox@email.com   
Thanks very much.

sorry. Typo. Email should read.

howardcox@email.com

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2021 at 16:18, lee glennon said:

hi all ,

Well after a  challenging 12 months since i struck the deal with john " THE NUT " Hazel . The Elite S2 is here in its new home on the outskirts of Northamptonshire . Lock down , poor health and job changes , protracted the process , but with Johns help and patience we  finally got there . During this time I also bought an  S1 Elite . I will post pictures soon and may be asking lots of questions ? .

Thanks  Lee

Hi All , 

thought would post a couple of the S1 purchased in the summer . When ive had a move about , i will post some pics of the S22 Elite I purchased from John Hazel . But Im sure long term members will know the car . I am in a bit of quandry . my initial plan was to buy an elite or eclat to nut and bolt restore . I now have this S1 that needs recomissioning rather than restoring . I have read through some old paperwork , and it appears that the car was in not bad nick in the ninteties but , the PO decided to have it restored . it had a respray in rollsroyce burgandy , a replacement spyder chassis and a full retrim ( letters from trimmer in the states regarding new old stock material   . it then seems to have been dry stored since It seems too good to mess about with . Does anyone recognise the car ? 

thanks 

Lee

521582541_redlot.jpg.0457f90bf91430ade9f8196389488588.jpg521582541_redlot.jpg.0457f90bf91430ade9f8196389488588.jpg

red lot 2.jpg

red lot 2.jpg

• Like 2

I don't recognise it Lee, but it looks a good tidy car.

No point in taking it to pieces if you can bring back to life with a recommission.

Not enough of these on the road, so tidy up over winter, then run for the summer IMO.

I must get over and see your car's soon 😀

Tony

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tony D said:

I don't recognise it Lee, but it looks a good tidy car.

No point in taking it to pieces if you can bring back to life with a recommission.

Not enough of these on the road, so tidy up over winter, then run for the summer IMO.

I must get over and see your car's soon 😀

Tony

thanks Tony ,

yes , as i said before , its been a rubbish couple of years  . now time get these cars back on the road . We will meet up soon , have you seen the excel and europa under cover in kingsthorpe . I live in pitsford and drive past most days but havent managed to bump into the owner  . i have your number now .speak soon