Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
NMEG Jan 27th 2008 - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

NMEG Jan 27th 2008

esprit350

Thought we would head to the land of black pudding bertha as requested recently at our EGM

ideas and suggestions please..... (clean ones)

just grabbed the following from Phils post further down the the thread

Here's the plan...

09:00 Meet at the Little Chef near Middlewich - J18 M6, turn left at the roundabout, go straight across the next roundabout and turn left at the garage after about 100yds.

09:30 Leave for a hoon around the Cheshire countryside led by Alex, stopping off for a photo-op by Jodrell Bank (Alex informs me the visitor centre has closed, otherwise we'd have been going in).

Head north for a quick blast up the M6, M62, M602 to arrive at...

11:00ish Imperial War Museum North

Break for lunch. We're spoiled for choice here, Starvin' Marvin's American Diner, Chiquito's Mexican Grill & Bar, Frankie & Benny's Italian, Hanrahans, Fatty Arbuckles etc., etc.

Fully stuffed, pop over to the Lowry for a bit of Northern culture by gum. There's an exhibition of Salford photographer Harold Riley's work. He was a friend of Lowry, so you can see photos of what Lowry painted. Alex tells me there are also shopping opportunities there for the WaGs

If anyone fancies another hoon on the way back south, I'm sure that can be arranged, alternatively the WaGs may wish to drag their menfolk off to the Trafford Centre if they've not already spent up at the Lowry.

Edited by Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we would head to the land of black pudding bertha as requested recently at our EGM

ideas and suggestions please..... (clean ones)

How about a trip up to one of the Dams/ reservoirs in the pennines with Pub near by?

Is Ladybower Reservoir north enough?

We could play Dambusters :cool:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Ladybower is nice but the traffic will be a pig, you'll do well to get out of third gear on a weekend. Roads through Saddleworth to Hebden Bridge are ace, reservoirs that way too and some nice pubs.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

• 3 months later...

Anyone going to organise this please ie Alex Phil hint hint

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Hi folks,

After a long chat with Alex, we've got a plan. Bearing in mind the chance of lousy roads, we've opted primarily for a cultural meet. Depending on the conditions, we can cut short the hooning and spend more time indoors.

Here's the plan...

09:00 Meet at the Little Chef near Middlewich - J18 M6, turn left at the roundabout, go straight across the next roundabout and turn left at the garage after about 100yds.

09:30 Leave for a hoon around the Cheshire countryside led by Alex, stopping off for a photo-op by Jodrell Bank (Alex informs me the visitor centre has closed, otherwise we'd have been going in).

Head north for a quick blast up the M6, M62, M602 to arrive at...

11:00ish Imperial War Museum North

Break for lunch. We're spoiled for choice here, Starvin' Marvin's American Diner, Chiquito's Mexican Grill & Bar, Frankie & Benny's Italian, Hanrahans, Fatty Arbuckles etc., etc.

Fully stuffed, pop over to the Lowry for a bit of Northern culture by gum. There's an exhibition of Salford photographer Harold Riley's work. He was a friend of Lowry, so you can see photos of what Lowry painted. Alex tells me there are also shopping opportunities there for the WaGs :santa:

If anyone fancies another hoon on the way back south, I'm sure that can be arranged, alternatively the WaGs may wish to drag their menfolk off to the Trafford Centre if they've not already spent up at the Lowry.

Alex has kindly offered space for 6 overnight guests (plus floors) if any one fancies a drink and curry/whatever on the Saturday night, so there's no excuse for the southerners not making this one.

Please sign up below, stating if you'll be wanting to stay at Alex's.

So far its:

Alex (Green GT3)

Me (BRG SE) - bed please Alex

More speed, less haste

Phil,

Errrrrr............are you going to give the rest of us a clue as to when you and Alex intend holding this hoon? :lol:

I'm assuming it's a Sunday in January but any idea which one? :devil:

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

My fault, I asked bibs to merge the two january threads , phils date was in the header for the lost thread 27 th IIRC

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

We started a new thread so that the hoon info would always be in the 1st post.

Yes it will be on the sunday 27th. C'mon guys roll up and put your name down.

Alex (Green GT3)

We started a new thread so that the hoon info would always be in the 1st post.

Yes it will be on the sunday 27th. C'mon guys roll up and put your name down.

Alex (Green GT3)

I have edited my first post and put the date there

I will probably be on the hoon as well

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Although Dodgy will only be there in spirit, his Esprit will be present, so put me down

Alex (Green GT3)

Backmarker (Champagne S3 turbo) (no bed ta)

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Alex (Green GT3)

Andycs3 (Black S3)

Seen as tho i live in manc, there should be no excuse for me to miss this one B)

i do hope my car is fixed by then

come along anyway so we can meet you. better if its in an Esprit, but not mandatory

Alex (Green GT3)

Howard (pacific blue S4)

Andycs3 (Black S3)

Edited by Howard

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely :devil: the more the merrier

I will be there

Alex (Green GT3)

Me (BRG SE) - bed please Alex - Noneshallpass??

Backmarker (Yellow V8) (no bed ta) - changed the car as Dodgy's is on axle stands!!

Howard (pacific blue S4)

Andycs3 (Black S3)

oneshot(Silver sport 350)

Just didn't want people to get withdrawal symptoms while Dodgy's away B)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Absolutely :devil: the more the merrier

I will be there

Alex (Green GT3)

Me (BRG SE) - bed please Alex - Noneshallpass??

Backmarker (Yellow V8) (no bed ta) - changed the car as Dodgy's is on axle stands!!

Howard (pacific blue S4)

Andycs3 (Black S3)

oneshot(Silver sport 350)

Just didn't want people to get withdrawal symptoms while Dodgy's away B)

its no good graham, you are going to have to sell your yellow V8, we just cant read it in this thread. Its one of the reasons MatK is respraying his S2 car you know, .....makes sense!

I have trouble reading the "silver" ............... which should be New Aluminium by the way as yellow should be Norfolk custard and BRG should be LRG...

I know way to pedantic

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Pedro,

What colour is your V8..........then Dave Oneshot can add you to his list.

Graham

Norfolk Mustard with wing and silver wheels.............. :D

Edited by Backmarker

Hello everyone,

I will have to pass on this one as family commitments that day. Hope you all have a good one and i will look forward to the pics!!! Mines just passed her MOT again (not Kirstie!) and shes looking forward to new rears. I have posted a Q in tech section cause i could do with some softer compound tyres being as they dont do loads of miles. Any ideas?

By the way; HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!!!!