Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Castle Combe Race day Monday, August 27, 2007 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Combe Race day Monday, August 27, 2007

Paul C

Went down to castle combe mid July with a mate to see some racing, was an

excellent day out, and made a nice change from static shows. Will be going down

to this on bank holiday monday, sounds fun.

:cool:

A celebration of sportscar racing, with races for the Aston Martin Championships,

Ferrari Formula Classic, Porsche Open & Club Championship, plus the Castle Combe

FF1600 and Saloons; featuring the 25th anniversary race for the Castle Combe Special

GT Championship.

Practice from 08.40; racing starts at 12.30.

Admission

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Been thinking about this today and would say I'm a probable for Monday.

Not too much of a problem getting there and back as I'll be up there by 8am and travelling back down around 6pm as every available tourist is heading in the other direction up country out of Devon.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ian,

Might see you there.

Have a good bank holiday.

Regards,

Peter.

Been thinking about this today and would say I'm a probable for Monday.

Not too much of a problem getting there and back as I'll be up there by 8am and travelling back down around 6pm as every available tourist is heading in the other direction up country out of Devon.

• Gold FFM

We will be parking at 'Tower' corner (always a good view as its banked) Good spectator position as its a little quieter. Tower corner usially sets up a few spills and some good overtaking. Leaving home around 6.30am so should be there between 8am and 8.15am.

Paul and Pete, I'll PM mob.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Interesting...

I always walk the circuit at least once and always anti clockwise so you

see the action coming, but i have always found Quarry to be my favorite

spot as not only can you see first corner from it's edge, but go further round

and you can see the esses. Nice and near for a wander to the paddock and

start grid too.

...Also on race day, Quarry has toilets, a bar, icecream vans, food vans etc! :vava:

(not like on club/track days where there is nothing!)

ccmap2.gif

Planning to get there for the 8,40 GT qualifying, so how about meet for a coffee at

Quarry for the 9.25 aston race?, i was not joking on the blackberry thread, i really

won't be carrying a phone at weekends! Now i know where you'll be it's no problem

to wander down track or catch up as we walk round anyhow. Nice weather today,

we've been out watching ferret racing, one of them scratched vicki while making a

break for freedom though...

Castle combe is deceptively windy WEAR SUNSCREEN, or regret it bigtime!

savesometax.co.uk Castle Combe Special GT Championship Qualifying 08.40 15 Minutes

Apex Tubulars Porsche Club Championship Qualifying 09.00 15 Minutes

AMOC UBS Aston Martin Championship Qualifying 09.25 15 Minutes

Apex Tubulars Porsche Open Series Qualifying 09.45 15 Minutes

Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic Qualifying 10.10 15 Minutes

Melton Concrete Products Castle Combe FF1600 Championship Qualifying 10.30 20 Minutes

AMOC Intermarque Championship Qualifying 11.00 15 Minutes

National Mobile Windscreens Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship Qualifying 11.20 15 Minutes

LUNCH BREAK

savesometax.co.uk Castle Combe Special GT Championship (Classes A & B) Race 1, 12.30 15 Laps

savesometax.co.uk Castle Combe Special GT Championship (Classes C & D) Race 2, 13.00 15 Laps

Apex Tubulars Porsche Club Championship Race 3, 13.30 20 Minutes

AMOC UBS Aston Martin Championship Race 4, 14.05 15 Minutes

Apex Tubulars Porsche Open Series Race 5, 14.35 20 Minutes

Pirelli Ferrari Formula Classic Race 6, 15.10 15Laps

Apex Tubulars Porsche Club Championship Race 7, 15.45 20 Minutes

Melton Concrete Products Castle Combe FF1600 Championship Race 8, 16.20 12 Laps

AMOC Intermarque Championship Race 9, 16.45 20 Minutes

National Mobile Windscreens Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship Race 10, 17.20 12 Laps

Apex Tubulars Porsche Open Series Race 11, 17.45 20 Minutes

See how you can't put a 'B' next to a ')' without generating a smiley!!!!

• Gold FFM
Castle combe is deceptively windy WEAR SUNSCREEN, or regret it bigtime!

Don't think I've ever been to Castle Combe (in any weather) and got home without feeling burnt - including cloud and rain!

Don't think I'm going to make quarry for 9.25am Paul. I am picking my father up in Bristol on route and he's got the old dodgy knees so doesn't walk too far. If you find us at Tower sometime, should have a cold one on standby for you.

Don't think I've ever been to Castle Combe (in any weather) and got home without feeling burnt - including cloud and rain!

Don't think I'm going to make quarry for 9.25am Paul. I am picking my father up in Bristol on route and he's got the old dodgy knees so doesn't walk too far. If you find us at Tower sometime, should have a cold one on standby for you.

Ok, will deffo meet up as i'm walking round, it's impossible we don't really ;)