Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Unidentified S2 Part - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Unidentified S2 Part

I've been putting my car back together after a long restoration and came upon the part on the attached photos.  Does anyone have any idea what this part is and where it goes ?  I suspect it's part of the HVAC system but I can't seem to align the mounting holes with any of the existing holes on my car.  Pretty sure I've gone over the entire car and have looked everywhere but I'm coming up empty !  Anyone have any guidance ?

Thanks,

Lou R

Part 1.pdf Part 2.pdf

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Louis,

I believe that is to be fastened to the cabin side of the forward bulkhead, up high near the wiper wheelbox area, with ( silicone ) RTV to ensure no leaks into the footwells. It functions to collect water entering the ventilation system along with ambient air via the screened aperture at the upper edge of the bonnet, directing the water down through the drain hose and out through a hole in the floorboard, driver's side.

The attached pic shows it in place, the drain hose through its hole in the ledge section of the pedal box area.

Cheers

IMG_1662.JPG

Thanks again Steve.  I suspected it was related to the HVAC because of the silicone on the hose.  For the life of me I couldn't visually align the mounting holes in the panel to anywhere under the dash.  Guess I didn't look hard enough.  Anyway, I'm glad this was resolved before I reinstalled the heater/A/C matrix - looks like it should go in before the heater.  Thanks again !

FYI, I found a note I had written out some time ago regarding the Bowden cable for the heater box.  The note just gave some simple directions I would have most likely forgotten.  One item my note did state was the water valve was attached to the pedal box !  Another mystery solved !    

• Like 1