Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 Wolfrace Rims and Tires - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 Wolfrace Rims and Tires

I've finally gotten around to having my original rims professionally polished after years in storage and successfully source some new tires and center caps to go with them.

I got the center caps from https://www.supaspin.co.uk/shop/p/product-name-4-rrnap?utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer_notification They were quite tight and I had to press them in and then discovered that they are too tall in the rear and the hub pushed them part way out so I'll need to trim a few mm off them.

Tires are SAILUN ATREZZO SH402 195/65 R14 and 205/70 R14 I know the fronts aren't the right size but quite close. I haven't driven it yet but I'll report back when I do.

Just need to get some decals now.

PXL_20220804_162143954.thumb.jpg.81c38174b90cebbb8af183252678cbb8.jpg

PXL_20220804_162152109.thumb.jpg.93f679c1a8803ba92d261eeae25128a4.jpg

Oh and does anyone know where I can get new lug nuts, my old ones are loosing all their chrome platting?

Edited by marcbria
  • Like 2

The wheels are looking great. Nice work. I too polished mine, rather than the more aggressive diamond cutting which suits modern cars better.

Lug nuts are available in the UK. I bought mine from SJ Sportscars in Devon.

The centres of the Wolfrace should really be more conical. @Paul Colemancan supply the correct ones.

Edited by Fridge

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, marcbria said:

@Paul Coleman any inclination to make another set?

No, not at this point I'm afraid as there's a minimum order in the hundreds and I doubt there's enough interest as I've done a couple of batches in the past.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire