Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
410/420 suspension for road - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

410/420 suspension for road

Hi everyone. I'm on the cusp of buying a 420FE, coming from an S1 with single way Nitrons, and road tested the car today. The car is gorgious, scarily fast and I really want it. However there is one thing holding me back and that is the suspension. Compared to my S1 on the same B roads, the Exige chassis moves to every tiny bump where my S1 seems more compliant, the suspension absorbing the bumps a little better. Maybe its not so much the Nitrons but the tyres being lower profile on the Exige? Apparently the Nitrons were set up as per the factory.

Has anyone played with the damper settings and found a set up that is more compliant on our crappy british b roads?  I also read somewhere that the roadster has softer springs - is this correct?

cheers

Nick  

Hi Nick

Go for it - the 420 is absolutely fantastic and you won't regret it for a second. 

There is some good information on 3 way settings at 

I haven't had tried any of these myself yet, but starting to think about doing so. 

Ryan

• Like 1