Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Panamerica Dirt Track... - Evora Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Panamerica Dirt Track...

AK70

Since quite some time, I was thinking to start an off-road worthy Lotus Evora project.

(Check the new 911 Dakar, Lambo Sterrato or Morgan CX-T for inspiration..)

Should have some 20cm ground clearance, a spare tyre rack at the end (may cut open the boot for it), All-Terrain wheels, Additional Lights, maybe a winch,...

Don't know how a double-wishbone suspension could by raised to gain the ground clearance though..

But damn, that would be a cool car for doing Padagonia to Prudoe Bay... 😉

For the few who know the difference

Well, we know a standard Esprit is pretty capable offroad, so the Evora should do as well.

Raising the suspension is easy, just use adjustable springs. Gaining more travel overall is nor as straightforward, but may not be necessary. Good tyres will go a long way. For a winch you'll need a good mounting point, probably not worth it. I think the same about spare wheel carriers, they may look cool (to some) but mostly add weight.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The 911 Dakar just came out with 16cm ground clearance, 67Liter gas tank and insane price tag...

I would rather have 600-1000km range, 20-25cm ground clearance.

Not sure that if raising the suspension is that easy, because the upper whishbone may need to be shorten in order to align the wheel.
Agree regarding the winch and spare wheel carrier. But a roof rack will be needed ;-)
I keep dreamin about it.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/road/news/2022/11/the-best-off-road-sportscars/

Where are you Lotus? 

(Ok, the Exige Rally was a something, and there was an Esprit.. )

Bar a few exceptions, that list reads more like an excuse of some manufacturers / tuners to charge an extra waddle of cash for just another special editions that is unlikely to ever see use beyond the parking lot of the local bragging venue or avenue m'as-tu vue.

The Exige Rally was cool, kinda reminded me of the Group B special like the RS200 and Stratos. I remember seeing a few clips of it, but don't think it was ever that successful in actual competition? A shame, it looked like it had all the right ingredients.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.